New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some award bullet ideas
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I could use some help. I have 2 Soldiers who I would like to recommend awards for but am struggling finding some bullet ideas. Our unit is pretty stringent on filling all 4 slots... Call it inexperience, or maybe I just need to break up the bullets.

The awards are for:

Winning a BN Soldier of the Quarter Board

Placing first in a tournament held during Combatives 1.

Soldier won the quarter board and went to the promo board on the same day. Competed against local and worldwide vtc participants.

Other Soldier won combatives tourney despite fighting against opponents in normally much higher weight classes. Im sure he helped guide soldiers of lesser skills in class.

Feel free to just shoot off some bullet topics if you dont feel like actually writing them in full.

Any help is appreciated! Both Soldiers are great Soldiers, fighting points, and really deserve these!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
I would just try submitting them for an impact AAM or put them in for a COA...

Get Some!

Posts: 560 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is the intent... But to do so, I need bullets to back it up.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
Right and with an impact AAM I was under the impression that you dont need any bullets at all really. Just to state the event. I have never done one Im just going off what I have heard. Sorry.

Get Some!

Posts: 560 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
All of the "impact" awards that I have seen were only one bullet. Does your CoC have a published award SOP? You can ask your S1. As for bullets, take the main ideas that you listed and stretch them out to fill up the one bullet space.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nukem1040
posted Hide Post
http://www.armywriter.com/award.htm

Helps me every time.

When was the last time YOU recited and lived by the NCO Creed?

Posts: 136 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Have you gone through the Soldiers counselings and pulled out bullets?

Not to sound like a D@#$, but if you can't come up with bullets, maybe they haven't done anything to deserve an award. And no, just doing your job doesn't really qualify.

Posts: 532 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT-P:
Hello,

I could use some help. I have 2 Soldiers who I would like to recommend awards for but am struggling finding some bullet ideas. Our unit is pretty stringent on filling all 4 slots... Call it inexperience, or maybe I just need to break up the bullets.

The awards are for:

Winning a BN Soldier of the Quarter Board
This should be a one bullet if you can't write it then you need to look for some help from your NCOs.

Placing first in a tournament held during Combatives 1.
This should also be a one bullet and depending on what level of a tournament BN, DIV? should be AAM or ARCOM.

Soldier won the quarter board and went to the promo board on the same day. Competed against local and worldwide vtc participants.
Same as first.

Other Soldier won combatives tourney despite fighting against opponents in normally much higher weight classes. Im sure he helped guide soldiers of lesser skills in class.
same as second

Feel free to just shoot off some bullet topics if you dont feel like actually writing them in full.

Any help is appreciated! Both Soldiers are great Soldiers, fighting points, and really deserve these!

PVT Joe set himself apart from his... It's not hard to write an award for AAM or ARCOM especially if it's for winning a board.

Posts: 150 | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post