ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    Oak Leaf Placement on Ribbons....?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oak Leaf Placement on Ribbons....?
 Login/Join

posted
AR 600-8-22.Personnel wear oak leaf clusters centered on the service ribbon and suspension ribbon, with the stems of the leaves
pointing to the wearer’s right.

Question, how come I see people with oak leaf straight horizontally on an award and see some on a angle? What is the proper wear of one oak leaf cluster? I have one on Unit citation and one on AAM? Anyone know that standard? Thanks.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
You just answered it in your first sentence...the stem of the oak leaf clusters are to be worn to the wearers right.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
and the two pins in the back should be HORIZONTAL.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
and the two pins in the back should be HORIZONTAL.

So if you look at SSG Willis AKA go Ordance, at his MYARMEDFORCES signature. His oakleaf clusters are at an ANGLE . So that crap is all wrong...

Posts: 23 | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sgt. moore68w
posted Hide Post
normally people wear a single oakleaf cluster at an angle. When you buy a set of 2 or more oakleaf clusters, they come already canted.

Wouldn't be exactly uniform to have some ribbons with a horizontal oakleaf and another ribbon with oakleafs going at an angle.

We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.

Posts: 69 | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
it should be at an angle ... but sometimes, no matter how hard you try, no matter how many pins you bust and have to start over, no matter how many times you have to get a new ribbon because you've taken off the cluster and moved it the barest millimeter to make it canted, only to create a larger hole than you expected and now it doesn't stay in at all, the cluster will look horizontal; which is probably what you saw on the other Soldiers. Hell, I finally got it canted before, only for it to go horizontal by the time I got to formation.

That's why super glue became my new friend. Ribbons and clusters really aren't that expensive.

Military Signature
Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com

There is no task that is impossible, as long as you don't care who gets the credit.

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bradmeister:
That's why super glue became my new friend. Ribbons and clusters really aren't that expensive.

Very annoying though.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post