ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    Orders for Unit Awards and Citations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orders for Unit Awards and Citations
 Login/Join

posted
How can I found Orders for awards and citations given to Units as a whole?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MACma
posted Hide Post
I was told that I could use the ALARACT that is posted. Basically it lists all the unit awards that were awarded to each unit. You can find the ALARACTS through the HRC site " I believe" this along with the Alpha roster stating that you were assigned to the unit at the time the award was approved. That's all I have anyways. Hope this helps ya.

Posts: 89 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Diesel
posted Hide Post
The most current list of approved unit awards can be found here.

https://www.hrc.army.mil/SITE/ACTIVE/TAGD/AWARDS/UNIT_AWARDS/UNIT_AWARDS.HTM

Posts: 140 | Location: Ft Belvoir, VA | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Prophet
posted Hide Post
I went through this headache a while back. I'm assuming you were assigned to a unit at the time a unit award was awarded and thus would like it added to your ERB?

From the same site SGT Diesel posted a link to, it says:

quote:
Unit awards listed on the Awards and Decorations website have been approved and/or will be announced in Department of the Army General Orders (DAGO). In accordance with paragraph 7-8c, Personnel Service Battalions, Military Personnel Divisions and Branch Managers may use listings obtained from this site to update Soldiers records. Copies of DAGOs are not added to soldiers OMPFs and are not necessary to update records.

So, just print off the part of the page that lists your unit and take it to your MILPO appointment or PSB or awards clerk (or whomever you use to update your stuff). Just the fact that it is listed shows that it is authorized for a particular unit. You will also need copies of orders bringing you to that unit and orders releasing you from that unit (to show you were assigned there during the time period cited).

Hope that helps.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ft. Meade, MD | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I went to the link and they only show old orders they dont show any recent ones from 2003 and 2005 when my unit went to Iraq and we awarded 3 citations but only one is posted, is there a time line on when the others will be posted, because when I went to the promotion board I was asked of he whereabouts of the orders of my citations but the unit had never issued any, we were just told this is what the unit is authorized to wear for the campaigns we served in.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If anyone, anywhere, is still looking for an answer to this question then follow the enclosed link.
(NOTE! Might have to sign-in with AKO.)

http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs...eneral_orders_1.html

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post