ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    5 ARCOMS... 3 ARCOM and 2 ARCOM V
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 ARCOMS... 3 ARCOM and 2 ARCOM V
 Login/Join

posted
I have 5 ARCOM awards, 3 of which are ARCOM and 2 for Valor. How would I wear these on my uniform. Thank you very much for what info you can provide. Take care.

Posts: 2 | Location: Korea | Registered: 20 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know how you feel it's kind of confusing you would think it would be 2 sepeate ribbons, since on you ERB ir shos ARCM and ARCMV. Looking at the ribbon laying down you would have 1 silver oak leaf on the right side center and the "V" on the left side center. Thats how i have mine cause thats how i was told!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 20 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MACma
posted Hide Post
Sounds right to me. Although I don't have any of those super cool guy V devices! lol

Posts: 89 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Right on thanks again!

Posts: 2 | Location: Korea | Registered: 20 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
AIRBORNE21,

You would have a silver oak leaf cluster only if you had 6 total awards of the Army Commendation Medal. An oak cluster is awarded for each subsequent award of the Commendation Medal.

The correct way to display your ARCOM's would be be one ribbon with V and 3 oak leaf clusters (First ribbon would denote award of 4 ARCOM's to include valor) and a separate ARCOM ribbon to signify fifth award.

I am attaching the appropriate portion of paragraph 29-12 of AR 670-1

29–12. Wear of appurtenances
Appurtenances are devices affixed to service or suspension ribbons, or worn in lieu of medals or ribbons. They are
worn to denote an additional award, participation in a specific event, or some other distinguishing characteristic of an
award. The following appurtenances are authorized for wear on decorations, medals, ribbons and other awards, when
authorized by appropriate authority. When more than one appurtenance is worn, soldiers will ensure all devices are
centered on the ribbon. (See AR 600–8–22 for additional information.)
a. Oak leaf clusters.
(1) A bronze twig of four oak leaves with three acorns on each stem is worn to denote award of second and
succeeding awards of decorations (other than the Air Medal), the Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal, and
unit awards. A silver oak leaf cluster is worn in lieu of five bronze oak leaf clusters. It is worn to the wearer’s right of
a bronze oak leaf cluster and to the left of the “V” device. Oak leaf clusters, 5/16 inch in length, are worn on service
ribbons, the suspension ribbon of miniature medals, and unit awards. Oak leaf clusters, 13/32 inch in length, are worn
on the suspension ribbon of full-size medals. Oak leaf clusters 5/16 inch in length, joined together in series of two,
three, and four clusters, are authorized for optional purchase and wear on service ribbons and unit award emblems.
Personnel wear oak leaf clusters centered on the service ribbon and suspension ribbon, with the stems of the leaves
pointing to the wearer’s right. If four oak leaf clusters are worn on the suspension ribbon on either full-size or
miniature medals, the fourth one is placed above the middle one in the row of three. No more than four oak leaf
clusters can be worn side-by-side on service ribbons.
(2) If the number of authorized oak leaf clusters exceeds four and will not fit on a single ribbon, a second ribbon is
authorized for wear. When the second ribbon is worn, it is placed after the first ribbon; the second ribbon counts as one
award. Personnel may wear no more than four oak leaf clusters on each ribbon. If the receipt of future awards reduces
the number of oak leaf clusters sufficiently (that is, a silver oak leaf for five awards), personnel will remove the second
ribbon and place the appropriate number of devices on a single ribbon.
b. “V” device. The “V” device is a bronze block letter, “V,” 1⁄4 inch high. It is worn to denote participation in acts
of heroism involving conflict with an armed enemy. The “V” device is worn centered on the suspension ribbon and
service ribbon on the Air Medal, Bronze Star Medal, Army Commendation Medal, and the Joint Service Commenda-
tion Medal. Not more than one “V” device is worn on a ribbon. When worn with an oak leaf cluster or numerals, the
“V” device is worn on the wearer’s right.
c. Numerals. Arabic numerals, 3/16 inch in height, are issued in lieu of a medal or ribbon for second and succeeding
awards of the Air Medal, Army Reserve Components Overseas Training Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon, the
Multinational Force and Observers Medal (MFO), and with succeeding awards of the “M” device with the Armed
Forces Reserve Medal. The ribbon denotes the first award, and numerals starting with the numeral 2 denote second and
subsequent awards. The numeral worn on the NCO Professional Development Ribbon denotes the highest level of
NCO development, as followsFrownerribbon=the primary course; 2=basic course; 3=advanced course; 4=U.S. Army sergeants
major academy course completion, or equivalent level training approved by HQDA.) The numerals are worn centered
on the suspension ribbon of the medal or the ribbon. (See para i, below, for placement of a numeral with the “M”
device.)

Posts: 4 | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
you have 5 arcoms....3 are regular arcoms & 2 are arcoms with valor
for you being awarded 3 arcoms, you would wear 1 arcom ribbon with 2 oak leaf clusters (bronze).
for you being awarded 2 arcoms with valor, you would wear 1 arcom ribbon with "v" device to the left of the oak leaf cluster (bronze) both side by side, centered as you look at the ribbon.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 08 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by californiasapper:

You're about a year and a half late. Wink

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of atp
posted Hide Post
lol

Posts: 175 | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post