Login/Join

posted Hide Post
lmao

Posts: 4 | Registered: 23 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Etch821:
Now would it be wrong of me to correct her by showing her the regulation and my post policy letter on the wear of sunglasses that pretty much outlines AR670-1 CH 1-15?

yes and no-

Right is right, but correcting someone who outranks you must be done with tact and care. I would go ask your 1SG first if he/she thinks your sunglasses are out of reg.

If the 1SG says you're ok, you can say that next time "my 1SG and AR 670-1 para so and so say that the glasses are okay".
----But do it in a Firm yet TACTFUL manner. SSG won't like being told they're wrong!
(HINT: when I corrected someone 4 (Four) E-grades above me about a NEW part of AR 670-1, I was standing at parade rest while I answered their questions....)

(In 2000 you couldn't wear both shoulder straps of a backpack unless you were on a bike or motorcyle. In 2001 (I think) the reg changed. It was in the food court at the PX some MSG stopped my buddy and I wearing both straps. We told him the reg had changed and he said, "are you sure?" and we both said yes with the date of the new reg.... he said he'd go read it and we all carried on.)

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good stuff. A little hard to do as far as asking a 1SG because its just in-processing. I greatly appreciate your insight and help! Thanks again.

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
The way I understand the reg is, as long as it is APEL approved you may wear them...what I have yet to find in the reg is where it specifically states you cannot wear sunglasses in formation.

However, it falls into the uniformity of the formation. Kind of like when you wear winter PTs and there is always that one guy who doesn't wear the shorts just in case you downgrade.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah. They are APEL approved. Was more on the lines of frustrating when a "leader" is quoting a regulation when they really don't know it.

(2) Conservative prescription and nonprescription sunglasses are authorized for wear when in a garrison environment, except when in formation and while indoors.

That's the part where it says not in formation for you SSG Willis.

Yeah. Haha that's funny. My last NCO used to tell everyone to downgrade just to see if everyone had shorts on. Love that! haha

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
looks like I didn't read into it enough...thanks

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's recent enough huh?
https://www.facebook.com/johnm...990395933707/?type=1

I have seen smart a$$ SSGs who made up regulations to correct people wearing sunglasses

Posts: 6 | Registered: 15 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post