Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to set up the dress blues
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to set up the dress blue uniform for an inspection and neither my husband or I can find the regulations. He said I should have been able to find how to set them up online but all I could find is for the greens. Anyone know where I can find the info?

"Suck it up and drive on."

Posts: 22 | Location: WA | Registered: 16 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Really???

Try AR 670-1

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm a spouse and my husband isn't helping. He just told me to get them done for him, I've always done his Class A's. But I thought there was a different layout. Thank for the AR.

Posts: 22 | Location: WA | Registered: 16 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyGirl89:
I'm a spouse and my husband isn't helping. He just told me to get them done for him, I've always done his Class A's. But I thought there was a different layout. Thank for the AR.

Are you talking about the ASUs or the old Dress Blues? Either way, AR 670-1 will have everything for the Dress Blues and there was a message sent out for the ASUs. But the ASUs are worn exactly the same as the Class A's. The only real difference is NO Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (SSI) and a Combat Service Identification Badge (CSIB) replacing the Shoulder Sleeve Insignia-Former Wartime Service (SSI-FWTS).

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add this: I'm not sure about Washington, but I know around Fort Bragg, NC there are a TON of places who know how to and will put together your Class A's, ASUs, Dress Blues, Mess Dress, etc. for you for a certain fee (usually $5-$10) or a little more depending on how much you have to put on. 95% of the time/places I've had this done for me have gotten the measurements spot on.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sysalis:
I forgot to add this: I'm not sure about Washington, but I know around Fort Bragg, NC there are a TON of places who know how to and will put together your Class A's, ASUs, Dress Blues, Mess Dress, etc. for you for a certain fee (usually $5-$10) or a little more depending on how much you have to put on. 95% of the time/places I've had this done for me have gotten the measurements spot on.

I wish this happened somewhere here at Fort Gordon I hate constantly taking my As apart and putting them back together, I would gladdly pay ten dollars, and then just have to check it for accuracy. As much as we wear them it just becomes a chore!

Posts: 55 | Registered: 18 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The ASUs I guess sorry. I was expecting to have soemtime but his unit wants everyone in the new uniforms at the ball.
In WA there was. We just PCSed to Hawaii and everyone on this island says they dont know how to put them together. Thankfully I learned some of it back in WA, we had some last minute fixes at the last couple balls. That I had to stop someone from using their hand as an ironing board to steam his... I have his Class A's set up so I'll transfer it all over.

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armylife1124:
I wish this happened somewhere here at Fort Gordon I hate constantly taking my As apart and putting them back together, I would gladdly pay ten dollars, and then just have to check it for accuracy. As much as we wear them it just becomes a chore!

It does become a chore, yes, but it also becomes muscle memory and you can eventually put it together without using a ruler. That helps a lot once you get soldiers and have to check them.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyGirl89:
In WA there was. We just PCSed to Hawaii and everyone on this island says they dont know how to put them together. Thankfully I learned some of it back in WA, we had some last minute fixes at the last couple balls. That I had to stop someone from using their hand as an ironing board to steam his... I have his Class A's set up so I'll transfer it all over.

Check the local Clothing and Sales to see if they have the nifty book to put together uniforms. I know the book I have does not have ASUs in them, but maybe they have a new version out. If not, it's still set up the same as the Greens.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

posted Hide Post
quote:
It does become a chore, yes, but it also becomes muscle memory and you can eventually put it together without using a ruler.

Lol, That's defintely not true and why would you even try.

Muscle memory, not quite, if anything you just remember what the measurments are and know what a 1/4 in looks like, 1/8 in and 1/2 in

When it comes to DA centralized boards, Soldier/NCO of Year, Audie Murphy, etc why even try and pull that stunt

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
Most of the measurements are approximate anyway.

Posts: 2864 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post