Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foreign Jump Wings on ERB
 Login/Join

posted
Ok, so I trolled the interent and can not find any suppporting documents in 670-1 regarding; Foreign Jump Wings on your ERB. My current CSM say you can add it, but my S1 clerks do know how? Whats make its harder is I don't have actually orders just a COA for the jump. Does anyone know how to add this award to my ERB and if i trully need orders?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Infantry4life
posted Hide Post
I can't really lend support to the foreign jump wings, but I have a foreign award that is authorized for wear by AR 670-1.

We received the COA's for the award but no official orders. What we had to do was send up a 4187 to the Brigade Commander and have in sign off on the 4187 and type up a memo authorizing us to wear them. It didn't go on our ERB's and my understanding is NO Foreign Awards go on ERB's but it did go into my iPerms/OMPF.

Trust me, I'm a Recruiter!

Posts: 169 | Location: USAREC Dearborn | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I earned the German marksmanship badge but it doesn't go on my orb. They just scanned it and uploaded it to my iPerms.

Also, the 4187 advice is correct.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It does not go on your ERB

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nukem1040
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
I earned the German marksmanship badge but it doesn't go on my orb. They just scanned it and uploaded it to my iPerms.

^^^X2^^^ When you have multiple foreign badges, you can change them out as you please, as long as authorized and in your OMPF Smiler

When was the last time YOU recited and lived by the NCO Creed?

Posts: 138 | Location: Drum | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DosRock79:
Whats make its harder is I don't have actually orders just a COA for the jump. Does anyone know how to add this award to my ERB and if i trully need orders?

Therein lies the problem. Without knowing the wording of the COA and any other supporting documents you received, I can give little help.

Here's the process though since foreign badges are no longer added to your ERB:

1. Complete activity with foreign unit.
2. Receive documentation from foreign unit that you have successfully completed to their standards what it would take for a member of their military to receive the award.
3. Have the documents translated into English if that was not previously done.
4. Submit a copy of the original citation from the foreign military authorizing you their badge, combined with the translation in a DA 4187 to your company orderly room to forward up the chain to get approval from the general or whomever they've designated that authority.
5. Once you get it back, submit it to your OMPF aka iPerms for record.
6. Figure out how to wear it and enjoy!

Posts: 86 | Location: Camp Yongsan, South Korea | Registered: 04 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:

Chief,

Just to clarify, despite it not going on your ORB, you are not insinuating that officers are eligible to wear the Schuetzenschnur or are you?

Posts: 86 | Location: Camp Yongsan, South Korea | Registered: 04 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nukem1040
posted Hide Post
I have one pair of jump wings and still waiting on another Cert to get my other set. I was the S-3 Air NCO as well. I'll make it simple for you.

1. It does not and will never go on your ERB. You can add multiple (once approved) foreign awards to your OMPF and change them out on your uniform as you please.
2. You will need the following when submitting with your 4187:
a. The manifest signed by the foreign Jumpmaster at the bottom.
b. A certificate signed by the foreign Jumpmaster
c. Your Hazardous Duty orders
d. Your Airborne Certificate from Benning
e. Your ERB

That's it. Submit to S-1 that sends it up for approval. Then they send you the authorization and add it automatically to your OMPF.

When was the last time YOU recited and lived by the NCO Creed?

Posts: 138 | Location: Drum | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post