Picture of D13LongShooter
posted
My ERB states:

PSI Status SECRET
Fld Det PS Stat NONE
PSI Invest INIT 20051005
PSI Invest Compl 20070405

I graduated My current MOS 25B
in the description it states security clearance required.

I was prior service for another MOS that required the same secret level clearance.
A 'new system' is now in place and when I had to 'verify the contents of thepacket' it was blank so I had to a 're-submit' and do EVERYTHING all over?

its been months and I have been an inact for 3 months so I volunteered for re-class because of this long wait fo the clearance to get accepted.

They rejected giving me my certificate, because I 'had no clearance' even after the COL inducted me into the Signal Reg. and awarded me the Reg. Crest.

Sound funny to anyone else?

Posts: 17 | Location: GA | Registered: 16 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
If your ERB says "SECRET" then you have a secret clearance. What's the issue? Go to the S2 and request your J-PASS print out. That's not the acronym but if you tell them you need your "J-PASS" they will know what you are talking about.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 17 | Location: GA | Registered: 16 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erikwithak86:
If your ERB says "SECRET" then you have a secret clearance. What's the issue? Go to the S2 and request your J-PASS print out. That's not the acronym but if you tell them you need your "J-PASS" they will know what you are talking about.

This isn't true at all. ERB are notorious for being incorrect IRT clearance status.

Go check with your S-2. They can check JPAS and give you accurate information. Did you have a break in service? If so, how long?

Posts: 397 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
just under 2 years

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
That may be why you don't have a clearance anymore. If your break in service was too long, your clearance is no longer valid. I think the time frame is 24 months and it seems that you came very close to that.

Posts: 397 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thats what they origninally told me but I never passed 24 mo. and another Sgt toldme that they just didnt want to work on it. So I had to do a re-submit.