New
Find
Notify
Tools

TIS and TIG for E5 Zones
 Login/Join

Picture of sysalis
posted
What is the TIS and TIG minimum for both E5 primary and secondary zone? I heard from someone at work that the primary was 72 months TIS and 9 months TIG, which if my math is correct is 6 years TIS.

Which doesn't make sense because I know NCO's who made E5 with 3-5 years TIS in the primary zone. Is this just a rumor it did it just change?

I haven't gone to the board yet but I would like to know for when I do go, so I know how good or bad my chanced of actually getting pinned are.

Thanks.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 703 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
the latest from AR 600-8-19 dated April 2010
pg 25 or pdf pg 38

Primary:
SSG: 70 months TIS and 8 months TIMIG
SGT: 34 months TIS and 6 months TIMIG

Secondary:
SSG: 46 months TIS and 5 months TIMIG for those who have been recommended to compete in the secondary zone.
SGT: 16 months TIS and 4 months TIMIG for those who have been recommended to compete in the secondary zone.

Posts: 69 | Location: USAG Humphreys | Registered: 09 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
Thanks you very much. That info I had was all confusing. Maybe they thought I said E6 or heard wrong or something.

Thanks for the info. That makes me feel better, lol.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 703 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post