Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AWARDS FOR KUWAIT PCS
 Login/Join

posted
I have been looking around to see if I can find a solid answer as to whether or not a SM receive ''combat stripes'', for serving 12 months in Kuwait in support of OEF. I know you get to add the OSR and a numeral depending on how many times you have been oversea, but i have been unsuccessful so far. Can you guys/girls give some feedback?

Thank you.

Posts: 59 | Registered: 19 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
One overseas service bar is authorized for each 6-month period of Federal service as a member of a U.S. Service participating in Operation Enduring Freedom, the CENTCOM area of operations, or under the control of the Combatant Commander, CENTCOM, from 19 September 2001 to a date to be determined. The months of arrival to, and departure from the CENTCOM area of operations are counted as whole months.

One overseas service bar is authorized for each 6-month period of Federal service as a member of a U.S. Service participating in Operation Iraqi Freedom, the CENTCOM area of operations, or under the control of the Combatant Commander, CENTCOM, from 19 March 2003 to a date to be determined. The months of arrival to, and departure from the CENTCOM area of operations are counted as whole months.

Reference AR 670-1

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Check the SMs ERB and look for the C for combat tour and how many months. If he has 12 total then its 2 combat stripes.

http://asktop.net/wp/wp-conten...2/04/ErbTutorial.doc

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post