ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    How long does a unit hold onto awards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long does a unit hold onto awards
 Login/Join

posted
Just wondering how long a battallion s-1 holds onto the paperwork for a pcs award?

Posts: 88 | Location: ft. campbell | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Depends based on the required signatures. I have received ARCOMs and an MSM after I PCSed because of required signatures, to receive my award months later; or even due to officers who had assumption of command orders because the true CO was on TDY or whatnot and they still wanted to wait until that individual returns. But then I had an O-5 finally signed my award then waiting on the General to return.

With an ARCOM, BN has to send it up to BDE and you just have to keep following up for statuses.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post