ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    Wear of 4 skill bages on the ACU
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wear of 4 skill bages on the ACU
 Login/Join

posted
I have read the policy that states you will wear 4 skill badges on the ACU in 2 rows of two. The problem is, I have the EIB, Aviation badge, Airborne wings, and the CAB. How should this be worn. Rows of two won't work given the size of the EIB and AV Bagde. Help??? Now, I also have to set-up my Class A's for my DA photo. Same problem. Help again???

Posts: 3 | Registered: 17 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Black
posted Hide Post
This is what I saw on the Alaract message which you have already read. In addition you might want to contact SGM Easley about this. Hope this helps.

KATRINA.EASLEY@HQDA.ARMY.MIL

5L. SKILL BADGES. PIN ON. SOLDIERS MAY WEAR UP TO FIVE (5) BADGES ON THE ACU. ALL SKILL BADGES WILL BE WORN ABOVE THE U.S. ARMY TAPE. BADGES WILL BE WORN IN ORDER OF PRECEDENCE FROM THE WEARER'S LEFT AS FOLLOWS:
5L1. ONE BADGE, WORN 1/8 INCH ABOVE AND CENTERED ON THE U.S. ARMY TAPE.
5L2. TWO BADGES, WORN VERTICALLY, 1/8 INCH ABOVE AND CENTERED ON THE U.S. ARMY TAPE, WITH ¼ INCH BETWEEN BADGES.
5L3. THREE BADGES, WORN VERTICALLY, 1/8 INCH ABOVE AND CENTERED ON THE U.S. ARMY TAPE, WITH 1/4 INCH BETWEEN BADGES.
5L4. FOUR BADGES, WORN VERTICALLY AND SIDE-BY-SIDE IN STACKS OF TWO, 1/8 INCH ABOVE AND CENTERED ON THE U.S. ARMY TAPE, WITH ¼ INCH BETWEEN BADGES VERTICALLY AND ½ INCH BETWEEN BADGES HORIZONTALLY.
5L5. FIVE BADGES, SAME AS ABOVE. IN ADDITION, THE FIFTH BADGE IS PLACED ¼ INCH ABOVE AND CENTERED OVER THE TOP TWO BADGES

Posts: 314 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 13 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of acftgrunt
posted Hide Post
SFC Stratton,
Actually you are not authorized to wear both your EIB and the CAB at the same time due to both being a Group One badge as per AR 670-1 pg 297. I know that HQDA Ltr 600-05-1 Expired 3 June 2007 but until the new AR 670-1 is published this is the only document that shows clarification to what group the CAB falls under. I hope this helps.

Posts: 92 | Location: WAAF, HI | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. I earned the EIB as an Infantryman, changed my MOS to 35G and then earned the CAB while in Iraq. I hope this gets cleared up soon. Thanks again.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 17 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post