New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ribbons that I need?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I have my SRB/ ERB. I know what ribbons I need from that.

My question is this: I know there were certain ones that we were able to wear after Basic and AIT and based on when we joined. I do not remember what they were

I joined in Dec 2009, deployed to Afghan. and then separated in Mar 2013. Like I said, I know the ones on my SRB/ ERB, but I know there were others, I just cannot remember them... Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rford393:
Hi,

I have my SRB/ ERB. I know what ribbons I need from that.

My question is this: I know there were certain ones that we were able to wear after Basic and AIT and based on when we joined. I do not remember what they were

I joined in Dec 2009, deployed to Afghan. and then separated in Mar 2013. Like I said, I know the ones on my SRB/ ERB, but I know there were others, I just cannot remember them... Any help would be appreciated.

Your ERB/iPerms should reflect every ribbon that your rate unless some S1 or yourself was not properly tracking until you ETS.

You rated the Army Service Ribbon (ASR), Global War on Terrorism Service medal, National Defense; also you may rate some campaign stars for your Afghanistan Service and NATO medal for Afghanistan. That will depend on the length of deployment and if it crosses campaign phases. I rated 2 campaign devices since I was in Afghanistan from May 2009-May 2010 (covered phases III and IV) and another campaign device from my Afghanistan 2012 deployment. Again, your ERB should have already reflected it but I had issues with my campaign devices not being correct and I had to show my deployment orders to get it fixed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...istan_Campaign_Medal

Are you still drilling in the Reserves or in the IRR now?

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you TheWiseChief, I knew the ASR, but couldn't remember the Global War on Terrorism.

Do you mind if I ask you some questions off the forum about Warrant? I am getting my packet together now for the next board in May

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rford393:
Thank you TheWiseChief, I knew the ASR, but couldn't remember the Global War on Terrorism.

Do you mind if I ask you some questions off the forum about Warrant? I am getting my packet together now for the next board in May

Sure, just send me a private message. I guess you remained in the Reserves.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post