ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    White shirt for military balls and ASUs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White shirt for military balls and ASUs
 Login/Join

Picture of 35 Series
posted
Someone is tellig me that the ASU white shirt is not the same as the formal white shirt tou would wear to a ball. I'd look it up in the reg but I don't have great access to pubs on my phone and I just got PRK eye surgery so I'm hoping someone can do the work for me lol. Right now I'm tracking that for a ball with my ASUs I simply wear a now tie with my white shirt take off the DUI on the shoulders and wear my full medals for my awards and leave my unit awards as ribbons. Is that true? Sorry but it's been so damn long since I've attended a ball.

Or do you take the unit awards off completely?

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2481 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
1. Yes you wear a bow tie.
2. There is a white shirt for the ASUs that allows you to put your rank on the shoulders and the material is a tad thicker, but no one will notice unless you take off your jacket
3. You do not have to wear full medals, that's your option. You can wear ribbons
4. Nothing goes on the jacket shoulders
5. Yes, wear you unit citations

Posts: 476 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBarbarian1532:
5. Yes, wear you unit citations

This is a yes and no answer, actually. It depends on the type of ball you are going to. If you're going to your unit's brigade/battalion/etc. then you wear all of your unit citations including the ones you have been awarded.

If you are going to a combined ball, for instance in Korea the soldier's in 1st Signal Brigade going to the Army Ball, you only wear the unit citations you have been awarded.

If your unit is hosting a combined ball (like a signal ball, etc.) and are inviting other units, then I have no idea if you still wear your unit citations that the unit has but you weren't awarded.

Unless I'm going to a ball that my brigade or lower is holding, I just show up with that unit citations I've been awarded (which is none for me).

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 703 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post