ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Uniforms, Awards and Decorations    INFANTRY REGIMENTAL CREST INSIGNIA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

INFANTRY REGIMENTAL CREST INSIGNIA
 Login/Join

Picture of WIT
posted
My only MOS is 11B (I was a reservist in Hawaii where the only Army Reserve Infantry Regiment is). After 3 years of service I went into the IRR for 2 years and about a year ago I came back into the Reserves. I am currently slotted as a 92A with a school date of Oct 2015 for re class. Since I'm no longer in a 11B slot or unit I cannot wear my Blue Cord or Blue Disks. My new unit is having ASU inspection next drill and I'm trying to figure out what Regimental Crest do I wear if I wear any? From what I can gather online it seems that grunts wear their Blue Cord and Disks in place of the crest?

Can anyone shine some light?

If you see your EOD tech running.. you better keep up.

Posts: 53 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 18 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
As a former 12B and 31B, I have seen my fellow 11Bs ask this question when they left the MOS.

If you are not in the MOS, you are no longer eligible to wear your blue cord/discs but I have seen 31Bs who were former 11Bs wear the cord; even though they were told the reg.

In your case, talk to your leadership. You can always pose the excuse that you are no actually MOS-Q/MOS-T at the time. Does your ERB show 11B as your primary or secondary?

Lot of grunts roam at https://forums.goarmy.com/index.jspa I will create an account on there and ask them.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of WIT
posted Hide Post
I only have 1 MOS as of now, and thats 11B. That's what my current 1SG said for a minute, but the reg states I need to be in a 11B capacity which I'm not, since the slot I'm in ia a 92A slot, and there are no 11B slots in the unit I'm in.

Posts: 53 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 18 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of WIT
posted Hide Post
Found this.

AR 670-1:

21–24. Insignia Representing Regimental Affiliation

a. Authorization. Insignia used to represent regimental affiliation consists of either the RDI or DUI of a design
approved by TIOH. A Soldier’s Regimental affiliation using an RDI is based on a Soldier’s branch/corps/special
branch, as determined by PMOS or specialty. Soldiers may wear the RDI for their affiliated regiment or they may be
approved to wear the DUI for a unit in which they are serving or previously served successfully. See DA Pam 670-1
for approval process to wear the DUI to demonstrate regimental affiliation.

b. How worn. See DA Pam 670-1.

DA Pam 670-1:

21–24. Insignia representing regimental affiliation

a. Authorization. AR 670–1 authorizes insignia used to represent regimental affiliation to consist of either the RDI or DUI. A Soldier’s Regimental affiliation using an RDI is based on a Soldier’s branch/corps/special branch as determined by PMOS or specialty. A Soldier’s Regimental affiliation using a DUI is based on a unit in which the Soldier is serving or previously successfully served. Soldiers may wear the RDI for their affiliated regiment or may be approved to wear the DUI for a unit in which they are serving or previously successfully served.

b. Approval Process. Soldiers who desire to wear a DUI (in lieu of an RDI) to represent their regimental affiliation must make the request using a DA Form 4187 (Personnel Action). A Soldier’s unit personnel office must verify the Soldier’s assignment history to verify eligibility before changing the Soldier’s records.

c. How worn. The RDI or DUI, when worn as insignia to represent regimental affiliation, are worn as outlined in paragraph 21–23.