Find
Notify
Tools

Boot Lacing
 Login/Join

Picture of DWRZ
posted
Hello all,

Does the Army have any regulations on boot lacing? I've looked through AR 670-1, and I've seen nothing about it at all. Does that mean that one can lace these using whatever method one sees fit(ladder, criss-cross, spider, etc.)? What about lace colors?

Many thanks,
DWRZ

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
Uhm...I've always laced my boots right over left. That's just me. It all depends on what your Commander says about it. I've never really had to deal with this issue with anyone. I'm pretty sure that the lace colors have to match the color of the boots you're wearing. You can't walk around with green or yellow laces or black laces with desert boots. That's just common sense right there.

Posts: 662 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSGMP
posted Hide Post
the only thing I ever remember reading said boots will be laced from bottom to top. I dont think it gave a specific pattern. some wear them left over right, some right over left, some dont lace all the way to the top, some skip 1 or 2 holes. If you do find something, let us know!

Posts: 52 | Location: Fort Richardson Alaska | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
AR 670-1 27-3 c. (1)
quote:
The boots are laced diagonally with black laces, with the excess lace tucked into the top of the boot under the bloused trousers or slacks, or wrapped around the top of the boot. Metal cleats and side tabs are not authorized for wear except by honor guards and ceremonial units in the performance of ceremonial duties. When metal cleats and side tabs are authorized for wear, commanders will furnish them to soldiers at no cost. Sewn-in or laced-in zipper inserts are not authorized.

Posts: 3566 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 68XSOLDIER
posted Hide Post
You know that they are going to have to change that for the ACU's

Just doing what it takes to get my butter bar.

Posts: 95 | Location: Fort Stewart-----Iraq Bound | Registered: 10 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here is what I have from an e-mail:
Subject: Army Combat Uniform (ACU) Ensamble (Unclassified)

5E. Boots. Army combat boots (hot weather and temperate weather), and optional boots.
5E1. Army combat boots made of tan rough side out cattlehide leather with a plain toe and tan rubber outsoles. The boots are laced diagonally with tan laces, with the excess lace tucked into the top of the boot under the bloused trousers, or wrapped around the top of the boot....
11. This message has been atuhorized by the Army G-1.
12. HQDA POC for the uniform wear policy is SGM Katrina Easley, katrina.easley@hqda.army.mil, DSN 426-5129, commercial (703) 696-5129
13. This message expires upon publication of the next AR 670-1 update.
I don't know if this will go into the new regulation, but the Big Red One goes by this pretty strictly, and it is board question material. I hope that helps.

Go Kinetic!

Posts: 100 | Location: Baghdad | Registered: 01 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of DWRZ
posted Hide Post
Wow! Big Grin Thanks to everyone for all the help. Nobody else I've asked was able to get this far. Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
We have thousands of members.
Most of them at one time or another studied for a board.
Many of us (guilty) do this sort research for fun.

Welcome to the forums DWRZ. You can learn a lot here.

Posts: 3566 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
And just in case...

Black boots > Black laces.

Big Grin

http://www.facebook.com/home.p...93539992&ref=profile

Posts: 1300 | Location: Fort Sill, OK | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Warcrimes:

Many of us (guilty) do this sort research for fun.

This is so off topic, but DW, that made me laugh. Smiler

My Photos: www.flickr.com/photos/thefrosty1
My blog (it's new and pretty and gets updated almost daily): www.gypsygentilli.com
MySpace: www.myspace.com/gypsygentilli

Posts: 414 | Location: Barstow, CA | Registered: 14 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ssg_rivera
posted Hide Post
There are usually instructions when you get the boots... I remember back in basic (94), there was a chart showing how it was supposed to be laced. But I dunno remember!

82ND ABN DIV LRSD

Posts: 528 | Location: Ft. Bragg, NC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Black boots > Black laces.

Just out of curiosity, why are black boots greater than black laces? I just got done with an algebra final so I had to get that out.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of K9 MP
posted Hide Post
what do you mean the boots are greater than the laces?

NCO's Lead The Way

Posts: 27 | Location: kosovo | Registered: 19 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of R.Mjolsness
posted Hide Post
He meant black boots go with black laces.

PFC Mjolsness
D Co 2-136th CAB,
34th Infantry Division,
Minnesota National Guard

On the evening of the seventh day the Lord looked over His creation and saw that it was good. He said, Let there be a breed of great warriors to protect the people from evil. They shall ride beasts of iron and steel and speak with breaths of fire and destruction. They shall be feared by all that is evil. The people shall call these warriors who are masters of their beasts

Tankers

Posts: 121 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
My apologies. I would have put in an actual arrow, but I expected everyone to be as math illiterate as I am. But for you Algebra buffs:

Therefore:

Smittaayy = no math if he can help it

And:

> = primative right directional arrow

Schools out. No Homework for the rest of the week. Or ever.

Posts: 1300 | Location: Fort Sill, OK | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post