Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ranger Tab on Patrol Cap
 Login/Join

posted
Can someone please tell me where I can find in the 670-1 that is states you can wear your Ranger tab on your patrol cap? Because I can't find it.

Thank You

Blessed are the peace keepers for they shall be called Children of GOD.

Posts: 1 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA | Registered: 06 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Never seen or heard of that before..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
Never seen or heard of that before..

Some of you really do live/work in a different US Army, don't you?

A company commander can authorize this.

Posts: 240 | Registered: 04 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
IMO, if you aren't a Ranger, don't worry about Ranger business.

Posts: 570 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
I understand you have to bust your butt and all to get the Ranger tab and most Rangers are all hooah hooah, but why would you want to wear it on your PC when you already wear it on your left sleeve in ACUs and greens and a pin on tab on your chest in your ASUs. If I was a Ranger I'd be proud enough with just the tab on my sleeve.

I know I wouldn't want to wear it on my PC. Especially if you were Sapper, President's Hundred and/or Special Forces, imagine a combination like that sewn on?
That's more stuff I'd have to deal with getting sewn on, and I'm a cheap man.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some of you really do live/work in a different US Army, don't you?

A company commander can authorize this.

Apparently so- never seen or heard of a tab on a PC.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have seen this. I don't know if it is truly authorized (I'm pretty sure it isn't). It is however, part of ranger culture, just like the ranger roll. Most of the time I have seen it done in a field environment.

Posts: 26 | Registered: 04 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In 75th Ranger Regiment and the Ranger Training Brigade, personnel who have graduated Ranger school are authorized to wear thier tabs on their PCs above the rank, Additionally, sew cat eyes on the back of the PC.

Guys come on, there are plenty of things that are not covered in AR 670-1 that the Commander may allow to happen within his unit's footprint or even get approved for his unit to wear on post.

Most of you are unaware of this because in both unit's you cannot wear your PC outside of the unit's compound. 99% of the time you will see the tan beret unless the guy is dicked up, even with the changes to the reg allowing the PC, still the tan beret is worn.

Just some knowledge for ya

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBarbarian1532:
In 75th Ranger Regiment and the Ranger Training Brigade, personnel who have graduated Ranger school are authorized to wear thier tabs on their PCs above the rank, Additionally, sew cat eyes on the back of the PC.

Guys come on, there are plenty of things that are not covered in AR 670-1 that the Commander may allow to happen within his unit's footprint or even get approved for his unit to wear on post.

Most of you are unaware of this because in both unit's you cannot wear your PC outside of the unit's compound. 99% of the time you will see the tan beret unless the guy is dicked up, even with the changes to the reg allowing the PC, still the tan beret is worn.

Yes, this. My husband has to have it sewn on all of his PCs, but has to wear his beret outside of his compound.

Posts: 398 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
even with the changes to the reg allowing the PC, still the tan beret is worn.

The message informing us to switch to the beret was for those soldiers who are not Special Forces or currently stationed in an Airborne, Ranger, or SF unit, essentially those with a black beret had to switch.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
uhhh...there are alot of rangers in my Bn and Ive never seen it....never seen it on any of the guys in the ranger bn either.....

SSG V

Posts: 171 | Location: Fort Lewis, WA | Registered: 15 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fivepointnine:
uhhh...there are alot of rangers in my Bn and Ive never seen it....never seen it on any of the guys in the ranger bn either.....

First, if you paid a little more attention to detail, then you would notice it was mentioned guys in Ranger Regiment and Ranger Training Brigade wear tabs on their PCs. Not just any Ranger qualified person serving in any unit.

Second, funny you should mention that the guys at 2/75 don't wear tabs on their PC

1. Are you assigned to 2/75?
2. Have you ever been apart of Regiment?
3. How many guys with tabs and scrolls do you see walking around on Ft. Lewis with their PCs?

fivepointnine, just be quiet on this one. You are commenting on something you have no clue about and it just shows how ignorant and clueless you are.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sysalis:
I understand you have to bust your butt and all to get the Ranger tab and most Rangers are all hooah hooah, but why would you want to wear it on your PC when you already wear it on your left sleeve in ACUs and greens and a pin on tab on your chest in your ASUs. If I was a Ranger I'd be proud enough with just the tab on my sleeve.

I know I wouldn't want to wear it on my PC. Especially if you were Sapper, President's Hundred and/or Special Forces, imagine a combination like that sewn on?
That's more stuff I'd have to deal with getting sewn on, and I'm a cheap man.

Yea, some of you guys are really clueless

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea, some of you guys are really clueless

There's a difference in "clueless" and "lacking the knowledge of"

There is no need to insult people and be rude and call us clueless. All you had to say was "Hey, this is how we do it in the Regiment per our commanders" or something. But thanks for being rude. =)

-Murphy's Law of Combat

posted Hide Post
@sysalis

Yea, you are right, I probably could have been nicer about it but what you said about sewing all the tabs on top of each other on one's PC was just ridiculous.

and the only difference between calling someone clueless and lacking knowledge is one sounds better than the other.