ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Veterans / Retirement  Hop To Forums  Veteran / Retirement Discussion    106th Quartermasters Bn (M) WWII
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

106th Quartermasters Bn (M) WWII
 Login/Join

posted
My Grandfather, Rudolph Vincent Metzger, was a Lt Col. Battalion Commander in WWII in the 106th QM Bn (M). I have his Application for Federal Employment that lists his Position with the 106 from May 1944 to Oct 1945.

Is there any way to find out where he was deployed and from when to when?

I have his supervisor listed as Theodore J Krokus, Col. QMC.

I have the utmost respect for him and those who serve - in fact - I named my son after him. He is the reason I am looking for this information as I would like to write a short story/biography so the family knows what my Grandfather did in Europe.

Any help would be appreciated! My name is Jerry Hines and I can be reached at "hinser@aol.com"

Posts: 1 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: 04 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Veterans' records are available to certain family members through the national archives http://www.archives.gov/.

Please do not post duplicate threads in multiple subforums.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post