ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Veterans / Retirement  Hop To Forums  Veteran / Retirement Discussion    PTDY w/Transition Leave or School Drop?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PTDY w/Transition Leave or School Drop?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
quote:
Originally posted by JR_31B:
quote:
Originally posted by IntheArmyAG:
Oh, I should mention that the BN CDR can authorize an additional 10 days (for a total of 20 days PTDY).

Your source is AR 600-8-10 para 5-35 e (1).

Did you go through ACAP? I know that here they mention it when you go through the course.

Good luck with the process, really, there should be no reason that you shouldn't be able to get out of there in time.

I was under the impression that I wouldn't qualify for the PTDY w/transition leave because:

"c. The following Soldiers are not eligible for any PTDY under any transition program:
(1) Soldiers voluntarily separating as a result of expiration of term of service or expiration of service agreement."

That is correct. I was never afforded permissive TDY when I first left active service in the early 90s.

You know, if I went back and looked, it is probably just with the "other" type of exits from service that we do these...

Posts: 531 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
Not only are you NOT authorized PTDY if you are ETS'ing, you have to keep in mind your use or lose and the end of the fiscal year. Yeah you have 80 days but, on 1 Oct, how many will you have? will you lose any on 30 sept? If so you cannot take them as ETS leave, you will have to take them now as ordinary and then take the remaining as ETS. I like how you generalized all S1s but you are the one trying to do everything last minute, like its the case with most Soldiers as they are getting out, they do not ACAP, or meet other requirements but they want ETPs signed and their paperwork rushed ( by S1) so they can get what they want.

I won't have to worry about use/lose because I won't have more than 75 accrued before 1 October . 79 days is my ETS balance between now and December 29, so I am good on that front.

Posts: 48 | Registered: 23 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntheArmyAG:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JR_31B:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IntheArmyAG:
Oh,

You know, if I went back and looked, it is probably just with the "other" type of exits from service that we do these...

You might be confusing it with medical retirements, when their packets come to us it states they are authorized 20 PTDY days...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Probably, I see so much crap, it's hard to keep it straight lol

posted Hide Post
Anybody have any experience with the 90 day school drop? My school starts 91 days before my ETS but starting a day late won't be a problem (the first day might not even be on the monday, anyway.).

posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody have any experience with the 90 day school drop? My school starts 91 days before my ETS but starting a day late won't be a problem (the first day might not even be on the monday, anyway.).

If your first day of school is at 91 days then you are not eligible.

I would write that fact on the routing sheet when it came across my desk. Not trying to be a jerk, but it is my responsibility to point this out to the BN CDR.

posted Hide Post
quote:

The term starts on the 30th of September, but what if my course starts on Wednesday? Then my first day of school is actually within 90 days....

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The term starts on the 30th of September, but what if my course starts on Wednesday? Then my first day of school is actually within 90 days....

Then your school wouldn't start in 91 days would it?

In the end, its all how your write it.