ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Veterans / Retirement  Hop To Forums  Veteran / Retirement Discussion    Medical Discharge, can I rejoin with a Professional Degree?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medical Discharge, can I rejoin with a Professional Degree?
 Login/Join

posted
I just was wondering if you guys had any input. I had a training accident about a year ago that broke both wrists, and I have never been able to come back. I enlisted as a 11B. I got my unfit and am currently waiting on ratings.

My question is, I plan on attending Law School as soon as I get released; is there any possibility of the Army allowing me to rejoin as a JAG Officer after going through the MEB Process?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 09 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
JAG commissions are direct commissions and you will need to talk to the recruiting rep about it. Since you are prior service, you will have to go through the MEPS process to be found medically qualified but if you were discharged on a medical than re-entry most likely will have its challenges.

But that is many years down the road. JAG commissions are offered to lawyers who have already pass the bar in their respective state.

Good luck with college and then law school.

http://www.goarmy.com/jag.html

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Did you receive MOS 11B or were you injured in BCT or AIT? The med board should determine if you are retainable in another MOS and give you the option to reclass. If not, you're probably out of luck returning to the Army.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
FWIW my station as a Recruiter had a very similar case to yours, but it WAS in 2007 (might as well be a different Army). Had a former National Guard Soldier with a back injury come back on board as a JAG officer. Keep in mind the year it happened. The situations you have to understand are case by case.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Gentleman, I actually have been at my unit for almost 2.5 years and have B.A. in Political Science already. I was just hoping to find a way to do all the time I was contracted to do in some capacity.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 09 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post