ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Veterans / Retirement  Hop To Forums  Veteran / Retirement Discussion    Do you get terminal leave with a Chapter 18 Discharge?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you get terminal leave with a Chapter 18 Discharge?
 Login/Join

posted
I was just wondering if you get teminal leave when you are getting chapter out on chapter 18?

I leave in about a month and want to know if i can take my remaining leave dates and then not have to come back to post.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 23 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
You can only take leave if they adjust your discharge date to allow those dates...if they give you onlyenough time to clear between approval and dischargedate, you will have to sell them....

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks would you happen to know how much they buy the days Per Day?

Picture of EX-BUDGETNCO
posted Hide Post
They will divide your base pay by the number of leave days you are selling back. Keep in mind that the amount that is calculated will be taxed, so the amount you actually receive will be less.

Posts: 168 | Location: Wherever The Army Sends Me | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
so if i got 39 days i will get a whole month of pay?

posted Hide Post
I was so glad to see your question, my husband is facing this now due to injuries and medication.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 13 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Take your monthly base pay (base pay only, no bah, bas, etc...) and devide by 30. That is your daily rate/pay per day for each leave day sold.

For example: E-5 over 6 years service

Base Pay = $2,707.50
Divide by 30 = $90.25

$90.25 is the daily price when selling leave. If this example had 39 days to sell, the total would be: $3,519.75 minus taxes.

Posts: 178 | Location: Fort Myer, VA | Registered: 21 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post