ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Veterans / Retirement  Hop To Forums  Veteran / Retirement Discussion    What adverse actions can be taken for possession of illegal substance....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What adverse actions can be taken for possession of illegal substance....
 Login/Join

posted
What adverse actions can be taken for possession of illegal substance (spice) resedue in a pipe and 2 empty bags, what kind of actions would someone be looking at? even if the soldier was not counseled within 72 hours of the incident. The squad leader would not attempt to help the soldier out with situation

Posts: 5 | Registered: 23 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texaswelder30201:
What adverse actions can be taken for possession of illegal substance (spice) resedue in a pipe and 2 empty bags, what kind of actions would someone be looking at? even if the soldier was not counseled within 72 hours of the incident. The squad leader would not attempt to help the soldier out with situation

Based on the fact that there has been a HUGE and very public anti-Spice campaign going on for over a year, I think the Soldier in question will be chaptered out with a Bad Conduct (or other less than honorable) Discharge.

It's not like the Soldier can say, "I didn't know Spice is illegal in the Army." It's been advertised everywhere, and you'd have to be brain-dead not to realize it.

You don't have to be counseled after you've been busted for possession of illegal drugs. It's illegal. As in violating the UCMJ.

If I were the squad leader, I wouldn't stick my neck out for a dumba5s Soldier who got caught using/possessing Spice. The Soldier needs to get with TDS (Trial Defense Services). His/her squad leader cannot help him/her at this point.

Long story short: S/he's done, son....

Matt

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chapter 14-12c, Commission of a Serious Offense with a Other than Honorable (OTH) discharge.

Depending on the evidence it may be tried by court-martial.

Posts: 59 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post