ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Veterans / Retirement  Hop To Forums  Veteran / Retirement Discussion    First China trip, suggestions, feedback, advice all needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First China trip, suggestions, feedback, advice all needed
 Login/Join

posted
I have not been out of the country since I was in the Army and even then its been about 10 years. I'm finally going to meet my in-laws being that my wife is Chinese it was inevitable that I would have to travel there eventually but I actually never thought that I would. Any way, to the point.
I will be flying in to Hong Kong then from Hong Kong to Guangdong where my final destination will be. I will be there for about 30 days and also will be traveling with my wife and our 11 month old son. As of now our living situation is that we will be staying with my in-laws at there 9th floor 800 sq ft apartment.
Has any active or retired traveled to China? what should I expect being a veteran? I have had mental and physical issues but at the moment they seem to be in remission.
Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Should be no issues whatsoever. Just remember your anti-terrorism training.

I am based in Korea and many servicemembers take trips to China all of the time.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post