ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Veterans / Retirement  Hop To Forums  Veteran / Retirement Discussion    ETS help needed...4/3, 4/1 and ERB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETS help needed...4/3, 4/1 and ERB
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

This is my current situation. My ETS date is set for May 2013, which is what is shown on my ERB.

When I first went to MEPS in Jan 2009, I signed the 4/1 document which states that I am enlisting for a period of 5 years active duty.

In May 2009, when I reported to MEPS for shipping to basic, I spoke to the same councilor and asked him that I wanted to enlist for 4 years instead of 5 years and if there is a way to change the enlistment contract. He told me that is no problem and gave me a new 4/3, which states that I am getting off DEP to enlist for a period of 4 years (instead of 5). Now my 4/3 clearly states that I am enlisting for 4 years in the regular service but I still have the old 4/1. My ERB and LES also correctly show that I serve for 4 years and ETS in May 2013.

I am starting my ACAP process. Should I be concerned that my 4/1 states 5 years and my updated 4/3 states 4 years?

Note: My DA form 3286 also states that I am enlisting in the active service for 4 years.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
No, you should not be concerned but at the same time, you should not wait to this time to be. You got the last and latest contract (which should be in your iPerms) so that is it.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chief, thanks for the response. My iPerms has the same documents. That is, the old 4/1 that I signed in January 2009 with the 5 years written on it and the new 4/3 that I signed in May 2009, before shipping to basic, with 4 years written on it. So the new 4/3 voids the old 4/1 and I get out in 2013?
Thanks again.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Yes, and your ERB and LES reflects that so that is a good thing.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post