Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actual ETS Day
 Login/Join

posted
My contract for the Army was 4 yrs 20 weeks starting Jan 11 2010. That puts my ETS date May 31 2014. Based on adding 4 yrs 20 weeks to the start date of Jan 11 2010(day 1) I'll fulfill my contract at 2359 on May 30 2014. Also ETS is Expiration of Terms, which I interpret to be the moment/day you are no longer active duty. Wouldn't my terminal leave form end on May 30 2014? My S1 is requiring me to end my terminal leave on May 31 2014 but why would I use a leave day for a day I am no longer in the military? If I were to end my terminal leave day on May 31 that would mean that May 31 would count as a work day(if I was still at my unit) which would make my contract 4yrs 20 weeks and 1 day. I know its just one day. What are your thoughts?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
If my birthday is on May 31 it's ON MAY31.

You ETS ON MAY31.. What's the problem? You get one more day of pay????

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
BTW where did you see your ETS??

I plugged numbers into excel and came up with May30....

In any case, how much fight with your chain/S-1 is that one day worth??

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
+1 to Auto. Also, what counts, is the date that is specified on your ETS orders, not DA31. And your total obligation (IRR) has your commitment going into 2018.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheWiseChief,

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post