ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  IT Forum    Where do you turn in a Gov. Credit card?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you turn in a Gov. Credit card?
 Login/Join

posted
My husband needs to know where do you go to turn in his goverment issued credit card? He is trying to clear Ft Riley and is stumped on this one. Noone he asks knows for sure. Do any of you know? Much thanks!

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is he ETSing or just PCSing?

It is now required to be used when PCSing. There is a counseling by the commander and all as well.

If he is PCSing, I know my BN S3 handles all the travel card stuff, and they work with the G-8.

Posts: 531 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have never heard of an S3 handling GOVCC or any supply issues. GOVCCs are handled by supply so either his supply SGT or someone in his BN S4 can help him activate or turn in his GOVCC.

Most complex problems have very simple solutions.

Posts: 56 | Location: Katterbach Kaserne, GM | Registered: 20 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Everywhere I've been, the "schools NCO"- in the S-3- manages the card activation/deactivation.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Who is his approving offical? Have him get with his approving offical to have it deactivatedd and turn-in. Best bet is to check with his XO or S-4 who handles budget.

Posts: 65 | Registered: 17 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT LAMB:
I have never heard of an S3 handling GOVCC or any supply issues. GOVCCs are handled by supply so either his supply SGT or someone in his BN S4 can help him activate or turn in his GOVCC.

S4 and supply would be handling GPC (Purchase Cards) used for supply to make local purchases on things they cannot get through the supply system.

We have a Travel/PLEX guy in our S3 that does all of our travel stuff. If he has a GPC, check S4, if he has a GTC (travel card) check the S3 if they have a travel section or maybe schools like Autobahn said.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erikwithak86:
quote:
Originally posted by SGT LAMB:

S4 and supply would be handling GPC (Purchase Cards) used for supply to make local purchases on things they cannot get through the supply system.

We have a Travel/PLEX guy in our S3 that does all of our travel stuff. If he has a GPC, check S4, if he has a GTC (travel card) check the S3 if they have a travel section or maybe schools like Autobahn said.

Slight correction here, if it is a GPC, and he is the designated card holder, he needs to talk to both his billing official and the contracting officer who appointed him. The card needs to be properly closed out prior to him PCSing. As others have said, if it is a travel card, and he is PCSing either the S-3 or S-8 should be able to take care or direct for that particular issue.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My husband is ETSing. The card has been at zero balance for awhile now. So he needs talk to either S3 or S4 and supply. I'll let him read the comments and sort it out. I'm just a civi, and he can understand ya'lls "language". Smiler Thank you all, a lot.

posted Hide Post
Oh the card is a GPA...So the school's NCO is it. Thanks guys and gals! Have a peaceful Veterans Day and Thank You for protecting the U.S.A.!!! Much love.

posted Hide Post
Correction...The card is a GSA..Derp Derp

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Almosthome:
Correction...The card is a GSA..Derp Derp

Haha "derp derp" If this board had a reputation system I'd give you a +1 for that.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
The card is a GSA

Now I am confused. This would mean to me that the card was associated with a government vehicle.

quote:
Originally posted by erikwithak86:
Haha "derp derp" If this board had a reputation system I'd give you a +1 for that.
It does. I will add to Almosthome on your behalf.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
Everywhere I've been, the "schools NCO"- in the S-3- manages the card activation/deactivation.

+1. In my last unit, it was the G8 but when I went to Brigade, I had to go to the S-3 to get the account moved over to their control.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I can tell ya that the card was used for transportation of prisoners to Leavenworth. And I am not sure if this is the same card (I'm pretty sure it is) but he did have to go to Walter Reed twice. Anywho, thanks everyone. Now if I have to ask what a +1 is, will ya deduct it?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I can tell ya that the card was used for transportation of prisoners to Leavenworth. And I am not sure if this is the same card (I'm pretty sure it is) but he did have to go to Walter Reed twice. Anywho, thanks everyone. Now if I have to ask what a +1 is, will ya deduct it?

It's a way of saying, yes I sam saying the same thing. Or simply, I concur.

Posts: 531 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post