Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lotus on Linux
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering if anyone has had any success on configuring Lotus Forms on linux.

-Whats a hundred mils between friends?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 15 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
you can check here?

http://www.militarycac.com/

Also, the DoD has built an Official Linux build that works with Lotus forms, CAC readers, and a generic free office software. You can load it onto a thumbdrive or CD and just boot from it when needed, then reboot into whatever you normally like to use.

http://spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have looked at both of these, militarycac lists an open source app which can not sign forms. LPS does not support lotus either, it simply recommends using rdp such as citrix in order to access a machine capable of running lotus. Thank you for your response though. I am about to attempt an install using a beta version of wine and a few other required libraries. I will post if the outcome is successful.

posted Hide Post
Lotus forms doesn't even seem to be in the Wine app database. There has been limited success with PureEdge and Wine, but no digital signatures or printing capabilities.

My solution was to run Win2k in Virtualbox with PureEdge.

If you're just looking to fill and print, there is a guy who is working on cross-platform open source solutions. He's got a web based viewer available http://blog.skeltonnetworks.co...ry/linux/xfdl-linux/. My tests have shown the formatting to be a bit off, but it might be functional for you.

Development seems inconsistent, so I'm not expecting immediate progress. He also wants to tackle digital signatures, and has worked out some database integration.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
155G??

Why are you using Linux for? Use the lotus forms on Windows 7.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 155Golf:
I have looked at both of these, militarycac lists an open source app which can not sign forms. LPS does not support lotus either, it simply recommends using rdp such as citrix in order to access a machine capable of running lotus.

Weird, I thought I'd read in the past LPS had a form viewer on it. Good luck..

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
155G??

Why are you using Linux for? Use the lotus forms on Windows 7.

I use both, but I prefer linux. Also the correlation between 155 and the term "mils" should be self explanitory for 155G.

@Daddy Warcrimes: That is correct, lotus is not in wine, but fortunately I developed software for about a decade prior to the Army so hopefully I can crank something out. Where I am currently at I am seperated from my unit, so signing these is a must and the only mobile platform to accompany me is a chromebook running linux. I do not know if the hardware can handle a VM and the SSD is only 16GB making storage very limited.

@AutobahnSHO: It recommends using citrix via RDP for XFDL. It does contain the ability to edit and sign PDF though.

posted Hide Post
Just as an update: I do have Lotus working on Linux now. It does throw a few errors but nothing that cant be ignored. I am currently working with Active Client/OpenSC and winscard to implement the ability to sign forms.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 155Golf:
Just as an update: I do have Lotus working on Linux now. It does throw a few errors but nothing that cant be ignored. I am currently working with Active Client/OpenSC and winscard to implement the ability to sign forms.

Cool! Big Grin
Did you get this stuff from militarycac.com?

If not you should shoot CW3 Danberry a note telling him what you did and how it works, so he can update the site for others who run into the same issues.

posted Hide Post
Once I have everything working with a cac I will shoot a guide over to CW3 Danberry.

posted Hide Post
What route are you going? Is this a new program, modification of other code, or emulation?

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The route is using the standard lotus install through wine, a few third party dll files, and the ability to sign has boiled down to custom code. Everything is currently on hold until I am back state side. Hopefully an update by mid December now.

posted Hide Post
Make it back safely?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 25 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post