ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  IT Forum    Issues with ApproveIt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Issues with ApproveIt
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to get ApproveIt to work with my Windows 7 Pro laptop.

Say for example, my CAC card is registered with AKO, and when I click on a field on a pdf to enter my signature nothing happens.

I've tried to uninstall/reinstall ApproveIt and still didn't fix the issue.

I have Lotus Forms Viewer 3.5.1 installed too.

Can anyone recommend ways to troubleshoot?

thanks

Posts: 21 | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bro
posted Hide Post
You generally cannot sign PDFs with ApproveIt. You need the IBM LotusViewer. Those do not open PDFs, but XFDL files, instead.

Your best bet is to check out militarycac.com - they have the most extensive info on CAC card signing issues on the 'net.

Good luck.

-SSG TPT TL
Afghanistan

Posts: 6 | Location: Afghanistan | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You can digitally sign some pdfs.

I don't know the actual requirements, but every time I've done it I had DOD certificates, drivers, approvit, and pureedge or lotus.

Provided you have all this, and you are actually using the Adobe reader, I'm not sure what to tell you. If everything else works (AKO, Lotus, etc.) And just not pdf, it would sound more like an issue with your pdf reader. You could reinstall, upgrade or reconfigure.

As an alternative, LPS may provide an interim solution.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Use adobe acrobat pro in order to resolve your issue.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm using Adobe Reader X 10.1.4 with no issues. I don't think this necessitates a $200 purchase.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post