ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  IT Forum    Cannot view army.mil websites
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cannot view army.mil websites
 Login/Join

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted
For the past little while now I cannot open sites that end in army.mil. I don't know why; I haven't made any changes to my internet settings. I think it has something to do w/my caches, so I emptied my cookies and caches...anything else I can try? I need to see my LES. Thanks!

Posts: 777 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Try going to your internet settings and select the advanced tap and make sure that the tcp 4/6 is checked. can't remember if that is the exact way it appears, but if you look you should see what I am talking about.

Even if you didn't change it, if you updated your browser, it can change it.

Posts: 538 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Schwartz
posted Hide Post
Just to keep it simple, I also suggest you use IE. I keep that browser only because most of the time it will work for the Army websites. The other browsers are hit and miss.

If NCO's did their job, I wouldn't have mine.

Posts: 233 | Location: FT Leavenworth | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
I just did this the other day...

Open IE, go to security, then internet options, go to the advanced tab, scroll down to the security portion and check "Use TLS 1.0"

This fixed my issues.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 726 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I like using Firefox but I am not able to login with my CAC. I always get an error page so I have to use IE for CAC only websites. Anyone know a work around for this issue?

Dave

Posts: 261 | Location: Japan | Registered: 04 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Go Ordnance:
I just did this the other day...

Open IE, go to security, then internet options, go to the advanced tab, scroll down to the security portion and check "Use TLS 1.0"

This fixed my issues.

I use google chrome, but I went in and tried to use ie, and it still didn't work, but TLS 1.0 was already selected. Frowner

Posts: 777 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by realistik:
I like using Firefox but I am not able to login with my CAC. I always get an error page so I have to use IE for CAC only websites. Anyone know a work around for this issue?

check www.militarycac.com

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5328 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
Have you installed the DOD certificates? Do you employ a proxy server? Is Java enabled?

I only have issues with a handful of Army sites using Firefox, but I confess I don't use Chrome frequently.

Also, describe what you mean by "cannot open"

What sites specifically are you trying to access?

Posts: 3566 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
quote:
Originally posted by realistik:

check www.militarycac.com
I have that all set up. I can do anything on MSIE, including check my OWA and whatnot. But Firefox simply doesn't work for me either. I use MSIE for that sort of stuff, but other than that I never touch it. I don't like the way it handles tabs and things.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2481 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I feel the same way about IE. I only use IE for military websites and that is about it. Firefox is the way to go for all other types of browsing plus I am told it is more secure than IE.

Dave

Posts: 261 | Location: Japan | Registered: 04 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post