ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  IT Forum    Free Computer System
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Computer System
 Login/Join

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted
Operating System, that is! Big Grin

http://www.spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm

You can download it then install it onto a CD or USB drive. Boot from that CD or USB drive and it has a fully working DOD-built Linux operating system, including office and form software. Even has CAC reader and wifi drivers. When you turn the computer on, watch closely, it will tell you either F2 or F12 will be the key to hit to get the boot options.

Basically, you can do work without having to use windows- dont' know if it works on Macs or not. Don't have to worry about viruses, and when you turn off the computer (or reboot) and take your CD or thumbdrive, no one can see what you were working on.

And, you can sign up for email updates to get notified when they release new versions. They only send the emails every 2-3months or so.

Enjoy!
Mr. D

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
You are getting kudos!! I blasted this out on the distro and many are saying thanks. I tested it and I like!!

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of atp
posted Hide Post
Nice, thank you.

Posts: 175 | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Confused

http://community.armystudyguid...=348101914#348101914

Frowner

Everyone ignored my post.

Should work on Intel based Macs (x86, AMD64). Power PC architecture is incompatible. Small user base remaining, not worthwhile to compile it for that CPU.

WiFi might run into a few problems with newer laptops or USB dongles (just a general deficiency with Linux).

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Warcrimes:
Confused

Frowner

Everyone ignored my post.

Should work on Intel based Macs (x86, AMD64). Power PC architecture is incompatible. Small user base remaining, not worthwhile to compile it for that CPU.

WiFi might run into a few problems with newer laptops or USB dongles (just a general deficiency with Linux).

SORRY- Frowner

You have to make a flashy attention grabbing headline to tease. (like all those krappy news articles online) Smiler

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
In fact, Daddywarcrimes- I think I first learned about it from your post. Wink Big Grin