ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  IT Forum    New CAC Problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CAC Problems
 Login/Join

posted
I've been on military cac trying to fix this, but it's just a bit confusing for me. I have the new Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 Dual cac, I got it while on R&R last month, I'm currently back in Afghan, and I've been trying to use the SPAWARE computers in the MWR to knock out some of this SSD courses, only they aren't registering my cac. The Activcard logo on the bottom right says cannot connect to card, so obviously I cannot log into AKO, or any of the additional websites which require it.

Any ideas?

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort Polk | Registered: 26 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
which kind of card reader are you using??

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
I have the classicly old CAC reader, and just got a new card,, Dual CAC as well. Works fine on my personal computer and at work- SPAWARE might need to update their crap.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If they are unable or unwilling to update, see if you can't employ http://www.spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delayed response, but that's exactly what it is. The spaware needs to be updated.

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort Polk | Registered: 26 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
LPS? It's a live boot OS (CD or USB) that has all the CAC web stuff you need.

Won't work if:
1. they lock down boot order
2. They require some kind of software based authentication to access the network.

Proxy servers can be a problem too if you don't record those settings.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Talk to the civilian at the SPAWAR center to ask if it is ok to put your CAC reader into the computer. They might have the USB port disabled and the user account does not have admin rights.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post