ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  IT Forum    I'm entirely confused about correspondence courses.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm entirely confused about correspondence courses.
 Login/Join

posted
I started to take CCs recently through ALMS. I use the ACCP search within ALMS (Which another NCO showed me.) But from my research here it seems that they will not count towards promotion points, and that I have to enroll through ATTRS for them to count towards promotion points.

I go through ATTRS and don't find the same courses that I found on ALMS. Also, I ended up signing up for Army e-Learning and SkillSoft.

Also I don't fully understand why you don't get credit for sub-courses unless you complete them all within a course.

I would like to get a start on these courses, but I just don't know the right way to go about doing it. Any help?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: blap59,

Posts: 6 | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Harris
posted Hide Post
What is your AKO Address? Shoot me an e-mail and I will send you a list of courses that will max you out on your correspondence hours. Just be ready to put in a lot of time and effort dealing with the ATHD because ALMS is so broken. Oh and I hope you don't mind medical courses.

Pro cura militis et eis qui militem curent

Posts: 36 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Another question,

On Skillport, does each little lesson/sub-course count towards credit hours/promotion points, or do you have to complete the whole course to receive credit?

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
With Skillport you can do any course on the website and it will count. That is because it goes directly to your ATRRS transcript.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sysalis:
With Skillport you can do any course on the website and it will count. That is because it goes directly to your ATRRS transcript.

but he has to complete the whole course not just part of it...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Another question, is skillport only good for retirement points for reserves?

Picture of OTNCO
posted Hide Post
Each test on skillport that you complete will be transferred to ATRRS within 24-72 hrs. One unit in Rosetta Stone counts for points without completing the entire language, the same with any test completed within a folder on any other subject. I'd recommend working on Desktop Certifications as those can be comleted quickly if you have general experience working with computers, ms office, and the internet. Each individual course on skillport is listed on the S1net document for approved correspondence courses. While you still have to invest a lot of effort into these courses, this was the smoothest out of all the sites that I tried to increase my military education from.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 23 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If anyone has that list I would appreciate a copy. Thanks! Victor.Ramos9@us.army.mil

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SPCOTA
posted Hide Post
The SPC group have you i have alist of the courses that will max out sgt and SPC from skill port and have done them inbox me for the list

Posts: 15 | Location: FT Bragg | Registered: 25 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post