ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Developmental Counseling    Initial counseling statement
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Initial counseling statement
 Login/Join

posted
I tried to find the post where this was talked about, but no luck. So .....
Here is the initial counseling statement that I use. Feel free to change it to fit your individual needs. Note: it was written for a married soldier with children.

PVT Snuffy, this is your initial counseling statement. This counseling statement is to inform you of my expectations of you as a member of my section. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to address those to me, and I will work them out as needed.

Your areas of concern are:

1. Timeliness: Make sure you are at least 10 minutes prior to all announced formations.
2. Accountability: Be where you need to be, when you need to be there. In all events, you need to keep me, or in my absence one of the other NCOs (list other NCOs in section here) aware of your whereabouts at all times.
3. Uniform: Your uniform needs to be pressed and presentable at all times. Your boots need to be highly shined at all times. At no time should your uniform fall below the standards set forth in AR 670-1. Motor Pool duty and Field Exercises are not an excuse to wear a substandard uniform. Also, you need to make sure you are in the correct uniform for the mission. If you are unsure of the correct uniform, contact me and I will provide you with that information.
4. Duties: If you have duty, you need to ensure that you are in the proper place, at the proper time, and in the correct uniform for that duty. I will inform you of any duties you may have as soon as I am made aware of them. Be aware that things change at a moment's notice, so be prepared in case that situation arises.
5. Attitude: You need to have the proper military attitude at all times. Show the proper courtesy and respect to leaders, peers, and subordinates alike. Always be professional and never allow your personal feelings to get in the way of respecting other Soldiers.
6. Appointments: If you have an appointment, let me know the time and purpose of the appointment as soon as possible. Preferably, directly after you make the appointment. If you need to make an appointment, check with me before making the appointment so I can check the training schedule. DO NOT make any appointments without checking with me first. This includes any appointments that your wife may need that will cause you to stay at home to take care of your child.
7. Personal Issues: Any personal or family issues that arise, make sure to inform me so that I can give you whatever support you may need. Do not be afraid to approach me with any concerns you may have, I cannot help a problem if I don't know the problem exists.

Other situations may arise that are not covered in this counseling session. If you are unsure about anything, contact me and I will work to straighten out the situation. It is my duty as an NCO to help you develop into a better Soldier. However, I cannot do this alone. You must put forth the effort to make yourself a better Soldier, and in return I will help guide you in the right direction for your military career.

(back page)
<plan of action>
Ensure you are at the proper place at the proper time and in the proper uniform.
Follow the guidelines presented in this counseling.
Ensure you are following the standards set forth by this section, this company, and all ARs.

<Leader Responsibilities>
To help ensure you are keeping within the standards.
To provide you with whatever means necessary to accomplish your mission.
To guide you in the right direction to further your military career.

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is a really good example. I don't think I've seen a better initial counseling. you've got your $hit together.

Posts: 153 | Location: Fort Livingroom, IA | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thats a very good Initial Statement, mine tend to fall a bit lower but they get the point across *sneaks over and steals it*

Posts: 213 | Location: Here, There, Every where | Registered: 06 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
8) 8) 8)

Posts: 936 | Location: web surfing hell | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
STALKER! Nascar's following me! :shock: :shock:

-- Soms

Posts: 213 | Location: Here, There, Every where | Registered: 06 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
no problem with you using it Sir (Ma'am? ok this is starting to bother me....) that's why I posted it here. I tried to include most every basic thing that can happen, while putting a blanket statement down for the rest.

Stalker? I don't see anyone .......................

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:8bedc08ba5="Bradmeister"]no problem with you using it Sir (Ma'am? ok this is starting to bother me....) that's why I posted it here. I tried to include most every basic thing that can happen, while putting a blanket statement down for the rest.

Stalker? I don't see anyone .......................[/quote:8bedc08ba5]

Thanks, and yep I am Joshua Brady, and it was a joke if you read the other forums, nascar said he must be stalking me.... hehe

*saves the example to a PDF*

-- Soms

posted Hide Post
:shock: *peeks in on Soms* :shock:

Posts: 936 | Location: web surfing hell | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
*wonders how well he can still fire his Rifle*

-- Soms

posted Hide Post
actually, I knew it was a joke Sir, which is why you see the enormous amount of dots at the end of the sentence ...........................

Stick around a bit, you'll learn my style of humor just like everyone else has. :wink:

(stands in front of Nascar) and I still see no stalker, you sure you feeling alright Sir?

posted Hide Post
I thought this was a discussion forum, not a dating service. Get a room.

Posts: 153 | Location: Fort Livingroom, IA | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:0ac4876749="Bradmeister"]actually, I knew it was a joke Sir, which is why you see the enormous amount of dots at the end of the sentence ...........................

Stick around a bit, you'll learn my style of humor just like everyone else has. :wink:

(stands in front of Nascar) and I still see no stalker, you sure you feeling alright Sir?[/quote:0ac4876749]

haha, yep feeling fine, however could you please shine your boots and put one sideways up Spc. Olinger's ass? *hands Sgt. Bradley to KIWI shoe wax*

-- Soms

posted Hide Post
nice choice of language sir, real professional. besides it'll take more than rank and kiwi. but if you want to visit the desert come on over.

posted Hide Post
Glad you like my choice of language and you actually start to call me Sir, I will be more than happy to come to the desert. Now about professionalism, where do you get off telling me whats professional and whats not? You just told us to get a room, and this isn't a dating board, what exactly are you trying to imply Spc. Olinger?

posted Hide Post
*THREAD IS OFFICIALLY LOCKED*

*THREAD IS AWAITING STICKY FROM ADMIN*