ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Developmental Counseling    Negative Counseling Statements
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Negative Counseling Statements
 Login/Join

Picture of Analytical
posted
If a soldier agrees that there were in the wrong by wearing the wrong uniform in the wrong place and their ncoi gives that soldier a verbal counseling and sees that the verbal counseling is sufice but then is told by the Platoon sgt he must give the soldier a written counseling statement so the soldiers ncoic does just that writes a short counsling statement stating that the soldier was in the wrong uniform at the wrong time and place and the soldier willing and understanding and agreeing that yes they were in the wrong that will not do it again. the platoon sgt recieves that counseling statement refusing that what is written on the couseling statement is sufice, that what should be written on the counseling statement is disobeying the commanders orders. This solider is also is reenlisting and has had to make in the past, an IG complaint against this very same platoon sgt and feels that they are being nicked picked on other wise knowned as being harrassed and singled out. What should the soldier do ?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Based on what I could interpret (more puncuation please), you should talk to NCO support channel and let your feelings be known in a professional way. You always have IG as a right whenver you feel like you need to use them (must have unit's permission to go during duty hours). Everyone gets 'bad' counseling statements at somepoint in their career. If they didn't, their leadership failed them. We all need development.

Remember, they aren't meant to punish, but to convey understanding between the soldier and NCO.

Posts: 256 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Analytical
posted Hide Post
Dar,

I spoke to someone and i was told that it was wrong that i had to sign a counseling statement twice on for the same reason and incident only becuase the 1st statement didnt sound severe or didnt have corrective action training in the couseling statement. But i did right on my part, I didnt refuse to sign none of the two couseling statements. i simply signed, agreed and kept a copy of both couseling statements for my future references if i should ever need it to prove that i am being harrassed and nick picked on.

Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of dmday
posted Hide Post
As soon as you agreed to the 2nd counseling statement you pretty much ended any options you had.

Next time maintain a copy of the first counseling then when you are given the 2nd one simply disagree and in the statements put that you have already received a counseling for the same thing and completed the plan of action for it.

If they do decide to keep pushing it and try to recommend ucmj for you refusing to complete the 2nd plan of action legal will kick it back.

P.S. Your NCO needs to grow some balls and tell his PSG that you were already counseled and if he doesn't like it he can do it himself.

Posts: 17 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 22 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post