ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Developmental Counseling    making the next rank
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

making the next rank
 Login/Join

posted
I just enlisted back in the Reserves after a 6yr brake in service. I got to keep my E-5, however, my date of rank changed to the day I re-joined. I do not have WLC yet and I was wondering how fast can i get to E-6.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 26 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of combat_geek
posted Hide Post
go read an Army Reg, Sarge

i hate stupid people

Posts: 17 | Location: Ft Bragg | Registered: 29 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have to agree. This is a community forum but you have to get in the habbit of finding information in regulations. Don't even think about SSG until you graduate WLC. And don't degrade the NCO corp by using pay grade. You are a SGT, not an E5

Most complex problems have very simple solutions.

Posts: 56 | Location: Katterbach Kaserne, GM | Registered: 20 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I slept my way to the top.

It isn't recommended but you will be shocked at how fast promotion will come even as a male in an Infantry BN

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I understand that I can read the regs and I don't mean to sound ignorant.. I just figured since i have been out, there as been so many different changes on promotions that all the regs have not been 100% updated. Not trying to degrade anything. Just a simple question thats all.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGTB88M:
Just a simple question thats all.

www.apd.army.mil

Search regulations for "enlisted promotions" and you will find what you need. You should know where to find the answer to this one, because as a SGT or SSG some Soldier will ask you, "When can I get promoted?" and you will need to know how to find the answer without asking anonymous weirdoes on the intertubez...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT LAMB:
I have to agree. This is a community forum but you have to get in the habbit of finding information in regulations. Don't even think about SSG until you graduate WLC. And don't degrade the NCO corp by using pay grade. You are a SGT, not an E5

I'm an E-5. If you think saying E-5 instead of SGT makes a difference then you value your stripes too much.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@Eyesinthesky - Agreed. I notice a lot on this forum that people are quick to put others down rather than help others out. Without talking down to this guy, they could have simply supplied him with a good answer. Instead, they put him down and make themselves sound immature soldiers themselves.

Posts: 23 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It is funny to note that the best answer to a NCO promotion question came from a warrant. "Look it up here and this is why you need to know how." +1

Posts: 364 | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triwall:
It is funny to note that the best answer to a NCO promotion question came from a warrant. "Look it up here and this is why you need to know how." +1

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Big Grin

And I was an NCO twice as long as I've been a WO, which also happens to be how long I was "junior enlisted"....

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post