ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Developmental Counseling    Counseling Packets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Counseling Packets
 Login/Join

posted
Are completed copies of NCOERs allowed to be kept in counseling packets

Posts: 2 | Registered: 03 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
If a Soldier is getting NCOERs- they shouldn't have a regular "junior enlisted" counseling packet- it should be an NCO packet with NCO counseling....

But yes NCOERs could be kept by their supervisor and their quarterly counseling (and any event counseling) etc...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
it sure would help those that cant remember your last thru date, granted they can check IWRS for that...dont forget to have the 2166-8-1

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
Only reason I can see someone not wanting their NCOERs in a counseling packet is cause they are a jacked up NCO and do not want anyone else seeing them.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Go Ordnance:
Only reason I can see someone not wanting their NCOERs in a counseling packet is cause they are a jacked up NCO and do not want anyone else seeing them.

ill be honest none of my supervisors have ever had all my NCOERs on my counseling packet, maybe my previous one but thats it...this current unit I didnt get my initial until a year after i got here and after my first ANL NCOER at this unit hahahaha...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
There is a difference between not wanting them to be put in there and the unit actually asking for the old ones.

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi all am a new E-5 and am trying to counsel my soldier but am having a hard time on what to really write i did go online and look for some examples but am still lost can anyone offer help maybe an actual counsel so i have an idea or template i dont what to go to my leadership cause they might think am all jacked up. thanks

Posts: 18 | Registered: 11 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Personally, I kept counselings in counselings packets because NCOER/OER are personal in nature and have PII data.

As a leader, I requested a copy of the NCOER to be kept in my leader's book. Now and days, those documents are easily accessible in iPerms so it is not a lack of availability issue.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT-K:
Hi all am a new E-5 and am trying to counsel my soldier but am having a hard time on what to really write i did go online and look for some examples but am still lost can anyone offer help maybe an actual counsel so i have an idea or template i dont what to go to my leadership cause they might think am all jacked up. thanks

Do you have old counselings when you were an E1-E4? Can you recall how your former leaders counseled you? I always used my personal ones as templates and was able to get templates through other leaders.

Utilize your leaders like I did. Not going to them because of fear of ridicule is being jacked up.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yes thats true i honestly don't have any counsels cause i was never given any i just sign and it was put in my packet and in my last duty station believe it or not i was only counseled 10 times for the 3 yrs stationed there thanks a lot for the advice.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 11 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT-K:
believe it or not i was only counseled 10 times for the 3 yrs stationed there thanks a lot for the advice.

Oh, I believe it! I was in my last unit for almost 5 years and was counseled once, and that was cause I was within 5% of my max authorized body fat percentage.