ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Developmental Counseling    Missing Counselings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing Counselings
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a newly promoted SGT and have just been given 2 soldiers to mentor. They are outstanding soldiers, and I have counseled them for the past 3 months. The porblem is that our 1SG was scrubbing the counseling packets and my guys were missing counselings from last FEB and MAY. Their former supervisers have since PCS'd. Is there a memo for record or something I can insert in their packets to cover/explain the lapse? I would appreciate any feedback in this matter.
Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Ft. Knox | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jeep
posted Hide Post
It sounds to me like the chain of command was not scrubbing the counselings prior to the First Sergeant getting ahold of them. Ooops, someone boogered that up.

I have never seen a memo to account for missing counselings. I am not an expert though, but I would have to guess that they just have to continue the mission and just make sure that yo do what you are supposed to do.

Don't try to backdate those bad boys, that will just bite you in the butt.

What guidance did Top tell you? Did Top say to get the cunselings, or find out why they are not there?

Posts: 199 | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I wouldnt worry about it unless the 1SG was to make a big stink about it. Just expalin it to him, and if worse comes to worse, write a regular memo for record stating that apon taking over the soldiers counseling packets, that it was discovered that the counselings from these dates were missing.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 592 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
Do the soldiers have their copy of the counseling?

Can you e-mail the former supervisor (he's probably on AKO)

Pyro, good call on the MFR. I love those things.

Posts: 2864 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post