ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Developmental Counseling    Event Oriented counseling... (new NCO)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Event Oriented counseling... (new NCO)
 Login/Join

Picture of InTheFlesh?
posted
Soldier in unit, has history of disregards to authority figures, recently became my soldier.
She had an appointment at a specific time today and while the rest of the unit was collectively busy accomplishing a task, she left. I have seen her do this while under other NCO's but this is her first infraction with me. How do I go about counseling her? I want to nip this in the bud before it sets a precedent. I had spoken to her about maybe being released early in order to get her things in order for said appointment, but she left of her own volition. What articles did she violate and in your opinion, what kind of corrective training is appropriate?

*she left without informing me.
*she left hours prior to her appointment.
*I called her 3 times within the hour of her leaving and she did not answer.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Counsel her. Put the facts of today's incident. You don't need to know which articles, let the Commander (who will ask JAG) figure that out. Tell her it's unacceptable to leave work (or not show up to work) without authorization.

Plan of action:
-inform you (or appropriate person if you're gone) of when appointments are scheduled
-inform you when she's leaving for appointments
-unexcused absences will be considered as dereliction of duty and dealt with in accordance with the UCMJ

Corrective training could be
-doing whatever you were working on by herself
-essay on importance of scheduling
-essay on what happens when Soldiers don't keep superior informed of what's going on
or plenty of other ideas..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post