ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Developmental Counseling    Corrective Action/False Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corrective Action/False Report
 Login/Join

posted
** Disclaimer: I don't condone that nonsense everyone hears about when it comes to corrective training ( ex. wearing a clock around your neck because you were late, push-ups, etc.)**

I am constantly look for new ideas, ways to furnish corrective action on the 4856 for Soldiers/Leaders who need a little push. I like to give Soldiers/NCO an engaging task that actually requires them to think about what they did wrong.

However, I have an NCO who gave me a false report this morning during an alert (told me his section was 100% accounted for, come to find out one Soldier was still asleep 2 hours later) and I wanted to reach out to the community and see what ideas some you all might have had with this and what corrective action you chose.

As of right now, I'm just thinking of assigning a hand-written essay; but I feel like that really doesn't teach them anything. However, I see no other reasonable application for corrective training other than that. Any ideas?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Have your heart to heart/oak tree verbal counseling pertaining to his actions and possible UCMJ and/or
if you are his squad leader or platoon sergeant, just do your own personal recall with him in a late night weekend phone call and possible add a little mandatory formation in there. He should get the message.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I like that weekend formation idea, probably going to add that into the counseling session for sure! Many thanks Chief!

The Lord don't write your NCOER

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if this will help any but I just thought I would throw in my experience and how it taught me to take accountability seriously.

Once I was working as an acting platoon sergeant in Korea. It was a headquarters platoon which included the in-processing soldiers so there were often times when people had various other things going on during first formation that would cause them not to be present. This factor combined with a lax attitude caused my platoon report to be inaccurate at times but in my head it was okay because all of the people not there had something going on. Usually I would get some input from the various leadership roles within the platoon as to where their Soldiers were but I just said "okay" without keeping an actual count of assigned personnel.

Well one day the senior Katusa approached me and told me that one of the Katusas had gone to the hospital because of a sports injury of some sort. I brushed it off as I thought to myself, "good, at least he's keeping track of his soldiers."

Well later that day the 1SG asked me why there was a Katusa in the hospital without an incident report. Well after an ass reaming from the battalion CSM I learned that day that strict accountability is always important. I tend to be a pain in the ass to subordinate leaders now when I'm placed in charge and have to have accurate accountability. I hold those leaders feet to the fire and let them know that I have to know exactly where all of their people are.

I'm not sure if this explains accurately how the experienced corrected my attitude on personnel accountability but perhaps giving your team/squad leader some kind of scare will get him to realize the importance of accountability (not sure of the legality of such a scenario).

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post