ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Training / NCODP    How to give a class
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to give a class
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. I need help. I have to give a class on how to give a class. I have attempted to find Army references or Army doctrine to assist me but have not had any luck. Can anyone in the Army Community help me with this?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 31 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
1. Give an overview. Identify the objective, and the standards.
2. Brief the subject in a logical order. Employ learning aides (graphics, video, demonstrations, physical examples) and pause to check learning.
3. Summarize. Restate the objective, and evaluate learning.

Posts: 2867 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So this is it in brief?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 31 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G.G.M.A.S.C:
So this is it in brief?

Yes your lecture should be brief and precise.

Posts: 1 | Location: 3621 S Amblewood Cir, Lima, OH 45806 | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
let's see. things to cover( i just went to school and did a lengthy class on this topic)
.what the training is
.CRM (form and briefing it. you brief it ant the beginning end)
.Task condition standard ( beginning and right before evaluations)
.recon the training site
.training aides if applicable
.become well versed on topic at hand
.dont just read powerpoint, involve soldiers in discussion ie make them read some slides
provide insight based on your experiences and allow others to provide insight
.have evaluation sheet printed out to include TPE (trained to standard, needs practice, or untrained. this goes for the class as a whole for the task. individuals are given a go/no go
.AAR dont ask for a number of improvements or sustainments. let them give you what they have
.PMCS equipment before training
.get accountability beforehand( sign in roster)
.after training give the brief at the beginning again and ask if task was accomplished to standard
.close out the training site
.backbrief higher ups
.brief highups well before you conduct class
.set a time standard for evaluations and for practices to limit time waste
....there is a set list i have but i left it at work. i will post the 25 item checklist on monday evening but this will give you a basic understanding. these are not in order but i will clarify the order in any way i can

Posts: 11 | Location: Fort Bliss,Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
OP was almost a year ago bro.

P.S:

Unless there is still a method using Task that I am unaware of it's Action, Condition, and Standard now.

Posts: 405 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
I believe this troop has just returned from WLC with that conquer the Army mentality. Imparting wisdom on any and all threads. @ Choose topics that are at least within the 30 days or so.

Posts: 259 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post