ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Training / NCODP    NCOs - how do I get training?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCOs - how do I get training?
 Login/Join

posted
NCOs,

First off, I've had the opportunity in my thus far short Army career of two years to work with some great NCOs. You are some of the hardest working people I've met and I'm grateful. But, there are a few bad apples out there as I'm sure you've all have seen.

My NCOIC--I don't think he's so much of a bad apple, but of a funky tasting one. But that's besides the point.

I'd like to get in on some training (i.e., combatives II, CLS, air assault, etc) but I can't seem to motivate my NCOIC to get me signed up for anything. He got me in on combatives I and driver's training once I got to the unit, but since then he hasn't helped me out. I get accused of not flowing up with him and reminding him to see what's available, but in reality I do it once or twice a week--he bounces around a lot--he doesn't work in his MOS and I think he gets overwhelmed sometimes.

I've been trying to get in combatives II for over a month now by going through other NCOs, but their reach only goes so far.

What can I do as a SPC to look into training opportunities? Are there any online resources? What have you done in the past, or what would you do in my situation? I'm stationed at Schofield if anybody has any experience with that post.

Thank you all in advance.

Posts: 4 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 16 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ask your training NCO to print a list of available courses. highlight the one(s) you want and give it to your NCO. If the available dates jive with the training schedule then there shouldnt be much of an issue to submit a request.

Posts: 33 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 22 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Exactley what Ordnance said. Also if this fails talk with your platoon sergeant.

Posts: 260 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
Go to the CO or BN schools rep and ask for the FY14 Troop Schools Schedule and ask him what is required to get enrolled in the School. Here at Carson its simply a memo with the CO Commanders signature.

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post