ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Training / NCODP    Taping a female
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taping a female
 Login/Join

Picture of SSG Supply
posted
My unit recently had a 100% weigh in and the females were instructed to be taped wearing spandex. I have never seen this done before but my training NCO and 2 other E7s said that females are always to be taped wearing spandex.
Just wondering if this is a new thing going around, I just got back from BNCOC and have been to WLC as well, and have always been instructed to take OFF spandex if you have to be taped....

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 21 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have never seen a female allowed to wear spandex material during a tape test. That could cause an incorrect reading. Check with the regulation as well as the AR on ht/wt.

Posts: 225 | Location: 513th MI BDE, Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Sigh.
It says they CAN NOT wear spandex for taping. I'll look it up and be back in a few minutes...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Hmm- can't find it.
AR 600-9 says

"The height will be measured with the Soldier in stocking feet (without shoes) and standard PT uniform (gym shorts and T-shirt),"

Nothing else, but I've ALWAYS heard Soldiers have to lose the spandex for the tape test..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Spandex can potentually add 3/4-1 inch to the circumfrence of a waist. It also will push "everything" below the waistline up which can add more as well.

IMO this is potentually a big mass IG complaint.

perhaps checking where that order came from may be an option.. cause it sounds like something made up.

Posts: 122 | Registered: 03 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They can not wear spandex during taping. It is not in an AR but DA did put a messages out that says automated 5500 and 5501s can not be used and spandex can not be woren during taping. Im in the middle of NTC rotation so I can't look for it now.

Posts: 205 | Location: Schofield Barracks, HI | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Read ALARACT Message 248/2010

"6. SOLDIERS WILL BE MEASURED FOR BODY FAT IN STOCKING FEET AND
STANDARD ARMY PHYSICAL FITNESS UNIFORM SHORTS AND T-SHIRT.
UNDERGARMENTS THAT MAY SERVE TO BIND THE ABDOMEN, HIP, OR THIGH AREAS
ARE NOT AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR WHEN A SOLDIER IS BEING MEASURED FOR BODY
FAT COMPOSITION. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO SPANDEX SHORTS
OR GIRDLE-LIKE UNDERGARMENTS."///

I seen it somewhere else but I knew it was also in a ALARACT message

Posts: 69 | Registered: 22 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC RossiJ
posted Hide Post
Damn maybe we should let the males wear turtlenecks and corsets.

Posts: 275 | Location: Djibouti | Registered: 17 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have always been taught that spandex was a big no no when it came to being taped. It did not matter if it was a male or female it shrinks the size of the areas being measured and causes the measurements to be inacurate.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Alex Nikol
posted Hide Post
quote:
female

I was not aware that males are also not allowed spandex while taping..I thought this rule is only for women.

Posts: 1 | Location: 2708 Washington St, Greenville, TX 75401 | Registered: 19 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post