ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Training / NCODP    Visual Signaling Techniques?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visual Signaling Techniques?
 Login/Join

Picture of Joel Ross
posted
I'm putting together a snap class for tomorrows "Sergeant's Time" training on the use of hand and arm signals in a light infantry unit, but i am in a bit of a stump. I was given a guide to elaborate on and it has the coil and herringbone hand and arm signals in it but i cant find anything to make it apply to dismounts, only mounted. it must be different using a ground platoon than 4 bradley's, Humvees or other such. any insight?

Ross, Joel Lee
C Co 3-7 INF
4 IBCT, 3ID

Posts: 29 | Location: Fort Stewart | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I Googled "Infantry Hand and Army Signals":

Third one down...

www.aug.edu/military_science/handarmsignals.doc

Posts: 209 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Joel Ross
posted Hide Post
seen it but i would like an explanation on what it is like diagrams and what not to have to explain it. everything i have seen says its a rally point sign with a SMALL circle

Ross, Joel Lee
C Co 3-7 INF
4 IBCT, 3ID

Posts: 29 | Location: Fort Stewart | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
FM 21-60 is the FM covering all Hand and Arm signals.

It really does not explain what the command is, just how to give the commands through signals.

I know they phased out FM 7-8, not sure what the new one is, but maybe check there for definitions or explanations for maneuvers.

Posts: 209 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Joel Ross
posted Hide Post
3-21 is the new 7-8

Ross, Joel Lee
C Co 3-7 INF
4 IBCT, 3ID