ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Training / NCODP    Marginal 1059 and Promotion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marginal 1059 and Promotion
 Login/Join

posted
I completed ALC in 2009 with a torn meniscus and needless to say, I received a Marginal 1059 for failing to meet APFT standards. I did though receive 3 Superior blocks on that 1059 and an overall academic average of 94%.

Prior to that, as an E-5, I completed a 2 month course within my MOS to earn an Additional Skill Identifier. I graduated from that course and earned Distinguished Honor Graduate with 4 Superior blocks on my 1059 and an overall academic average of 96.17%.

Fast-forward to 2015...I just completed SLC last month and again earned Distinguished Honor Graduate with 4 Superior blocks on my 1059 and an overall academic average of 97%.

I have been looked over twice for SFC, although I have received 1/1 NCOERs my entire career. Have my chances of getting picked up on this board for SFC increased with my latest NCOES accomplishment or am I forever doomed with that Marginal 1059 back in 2009?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Did you ever right a letter for the board and provided documentation about your meniscus injury for that time frame (e.g. doctor's note/profile).

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I did not write a letter to the board back then or since. I was told that that might be frowned upon or that I was making excuses....which I was...lol

Subsequently, I had knee surgery two months after ALC in '09 and have had a P2 profile since.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SJJ360:
I did not write a letter to the board back then or since. I was told that that might be frowned upon or that I was making excuses....which I was...lol

Subsequently, I had knee surgery two months after ALC in '09 and have had a P2 profile since.

Well, if you think that may be the issue holding you back and there is nothing else justifying as to why; then a letter would not hurt. Get advice from your branch manager, if he is a green-suiter. Attempt to do recruiting/drill.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post