ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Training / NCODP    9 line Med Evac
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9 line Med Evac
 Login/Join

posted
I have to conduct a ctt session this weekend at drill. I am tasked with Request Medical Evacuation. I have the manual and have read through the task. My question is what the radio commo actually sounds like? From the first contact to the point when the aircraft picks up the wounded.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 04 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
Sounds like any other radio transmission from the point you call they're "XRAY" or "MIKE" or whatever. You'll send up your 9 line. The first 5 lines are the most imporant and need to be rattled off before the bird gets up into the air, the other 4 can be relayed to them while they are en route.

I'm sure that there is an example in the manual that you've read. If not, you can more than likely find anything you need on this website, or you can google it.

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jeep
posted Hide Post
you should have it listed on the sheet defining the tasks, conditions and standards, but here you go just incase:

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_...edevac-request.shtml

Posts: 199 | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of armyRN81
posted Hide Post
I'm a medic, so let me see if this is what you were looking for.

NOTE THAT THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE. I'VE MADE EVERYTHING UP

Band-Aid33 (your call sign)
Dynacorp4 (your Brigade)

Scenerio: You're currently deployed and your platoon has been in a TIC while on a dismounted patrol. You have several soldiers wounded and possibly a few locals that have been hurt from indirect fire. There's currently no NBC threat.

Here's how the 9-line reads:

YOU:Dynacorp4 this is Band-Aid33 requesting MEDEVAC over.

BRIGADE:Band-Aid33 this is Dynacorp4 send it.

YOU:Dynacorp4 this is Band-Aid33 ROGER, standby....Line 1: VN2345678091 break
Line 2: 26000 Band-Aid33 break
Line 3: Bravo Two break, Charlie Tree break
Line 4: Alpha
Line 5: Lima four break Alpha one break
How Copy Over?

Brigade:Band-Aid33 this is Dynacorp4 (then they relay EXACTLY what you said)

If no corrections need to be made, then you say: Dynacorp4 this is Band-Aid33 that's a good copy over

** After the first 5 lines have been sent, then it's up to both YOU and the receiving party to finish the 9 line at your availability.

** Also note that the LINE MEDIC or MEDIC ON SCENE WILL NOT CALL IN THE 9 LINE...it will be another person, usually sqd ldr with RTO transmitting

"Freedom isn't Free...just ask any Soldier"

Posts: 8 | Location: OEF VII | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
For Line 3

How would you classify something as being urgent, urgent surgical, priority, routine or convenience?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bonafide_Hustler:
For Line 3

How would you classify something as being urgent, urgent surgical, priority, routine or convenience?

That is done by the medic, or absent a medic, the senior person. As to how, it's something that comes with experience--you need to relate the injury/illness to the timeframes specified as the criteria for classification.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GHoSTxMEdIC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bonafide_Hustler:
For Line 3

URGENT/URGENT SURGICAL -LIFE, LIMB OR EYESIGHT (needs to be treated within 2hrs)

PRIORITY - needs treatment within 4hrs

ROUTINE - needs treatment within 24hrs

Posts: 3 | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post
9 lines are those things that are truly just repetition, repetition, repetition. Hip-pocket training and asking the Soldiers what the 9 lines are over and over will ingrain it in their heads.

APFT iPhone App - http://bit.ly/d9dINL
Submit Army Forms from your iPhone - http://bit.ly/dmlau7

Posts: 153 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post