ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Training / NCODP    PT cooldown period
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PT cooldown period
 Login/Join

posted
A nitpicky question that has caused some debate among our ranks:

How long is the cooldown period for regular PT supposed to be?

One side says 10-15 minutes, another says 7-12. I have looked in the FM, but havent found it. Any ideas?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Posts: 54 | Registered: 18 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<2468>
posted
Time period depends, there is no set standard. Traditionally at all NCOES it is 5-7 minutes for warm up and cool down. Normally during unit PT it's a little longer, but in my opinion should never exceed 10 minutes. That will give everyone a longer period during the conditioning phase. It also depends on intensity of work out, more intense more time for recovery, low density less of a recovery period...IT'S ALL METT-TC!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
I agree. It should depend on the length and intensity of the session.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djhead:
I have looked in the FM, but havent found it.

https://akocomm.us.army.mil/us...r_aa/pdf/fm21_20.pdf
page 1-7. Big Grin

I actually make sure to Walk until reaching the BPM THEN stretch for at least 4-5minutes.

I totally agree with Double D and Smittaayy- time needed will vary based on how hard and long you worked out, along with what kind of exercises were done.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, we had to be within 30 seconds of the 6 minute mark when I was tested at WLC.

APFT iPhone App - http://bit.ly/d9dINL
Submit Army Forms from your iPhone - http://bit.ly/dmlau7

Posts: 153 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I went through WLC a few months back and the cool-down lasted 5-7 minutes. Cool-down walk was until BPM was achieved. Each cool-down stretch was for a minimum of fifteen seconds (fifteen seconds each limb or per stretch). I do two or three stretching exercises, then do a self-stretch for 1-2 minutes, then dismiss.

Each soldier is different and will need to stretch alittle differently. Try looking into TC 3-22.20, carries alot of useful info and newest updated was as of March, 2010

Posts: 169 | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post