ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Training / NCODP    Cold Weather Training
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cold Weather Training
 Login/Join

Picture of A HUMINT/DLI GUY
posted
I wish I had thought to get some copies of training slides for giving a class on how to handle cold weather before I left Alaska, but I had a lot on my plate and didn't get the chance.

Is there anyone on the forum who by chance have some PP slides for cold weather training?

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal."

Posts: 224 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I came up with some training slides, so if anyone else out there is in need of PP training aides for Cold Weather Safety you can PM me and I'll shoot you a copy.

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal."

Posts: 224 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FWA94F
posted Hide Post
I'm currently at Ft. Wainwright, so I have some as well. Just PM me.

Posts: 87 | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post

Posts: 153 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Google is YOUR friend.

Posts: 194 | Location: JBLM, WA | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Actually, I already gave the course during Sergeant's Time last week and it went over rather well. Thanks anyways.

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post
Did your command require you to do ALIT training? (sleep outside overnight in your bags?)

APFT iPhone App - http://bit.ly/d9dINL
Submit Army Forms from your iPhone - http://bit.ly/dmlau7

Posts: 153 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In Alaska....yes (annual training). But they (my unit in Korea) thought I was some kind of expert when it comes to cold weather so they had me do cold weather injury prevention and safety for sergeants time training.