ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    pcs leave and NCOER
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pcs leave and NCOER
 Login/Join

posted
I am stationed in Korea, I am leaving in 11 days, I was told yesterday day that if my NCOER does not get signatures before I leave, the BN CSM will pull my PCS leave. For one I was promoted to SGT 3 months ago and the first two months my rater was taking forever to do my NCOER and I believe he didn't even know how to do an NCOER because I just recently got to view it and it wasn't complete and I had to learn how to do an NCOER, but I gave it to my senior rater to view and do corrections. My question is, is there any way I can fight this sh*t? Basically I'm being punished for my NCOER not being complete on time when they knew it wasn't in my hands the first two months and can they pull your PCS leave packet after it's already been signed by the BN commander and has a control number???

Posts: 4 | Registered: 11 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Wow small world. In fact if you are leaving in 11 days I may in fact be the one giving you your outprocessing briefing.

First of all, are you in area 1 and are you in 2ID?

If so, it is the Division CSM's policy that you must have a complete NCOER before you start clearing.

Posts: 346 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGThill14t:
My question is, is there any way I can fight this sh*t? Basically I'm being punished for my NCOER not being complete on time when they knew it wasn't in my hands the first two months and can they pull your PCS leave packet after it's already been signed by the BN commander and has a control number???

Yes- you can fight it by having your NCOER done.

https://forums.bcks.army.mil/s...d=1158808&lang=en-US

ALL NCOs and above should be signed up for that forum, the S-1 people are very helpful if you have questions that your local S-1 can't solve.

They send a weekly update that has important notices.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5328 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post
This does happen in a lot of places. I have seen the COC threaten to not let people ETS because their NCOERs were not completed in time for their final out.

APFT iPhone App - http://bit.ly/d9dINL
Submit Army Forms from your iPhone - http://bit.ly/dmlau7

Posts: 156 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
no im 2-1 ADA, and i've already started clearing, my final out date is already set. but how is it that they can keep you past your deros date over a damn NCOER????

posted Hide Post
yes i can get my NCOER complete but can that be done within 11 days, including weekends? the NCOER is already finsished but has to be submitted and to get signatures still

posted Hide Post
SGThill14t, in actuality, this policy is helping you. Throughout the army there is rampant problems of NCOs having unrated time. Let this be a lesson to you in the future to get on your rater's ass about having it done.

Posts: 346 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I agree with sgt smitty. regardles, I wouldn't leave Korea without my NCOER, trust me man I just left Korea about 6 months ago, don't leave until you get it, it will save you the headache once you get to your next unit. But before i left korea, and when I started clearing it was mandatory that when you went to the out briefing, that you had a copy of your NCOER and also pcs award( I was at camp Stanley by the way 08'-10") with ALL signatures signed. That was policy throughout the whole Korean peninsula, unless it has changed? Anyway Please do not leave korea without it. Just be patient, and next time ensure your rater is doing their job. Good Luck!

Posts: 106 | Location: Korea | Registered: 22 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
but how can they keep you past your deros date just due to an ncoer??

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGThill14t:
but how can they keep you past your deros date just due to an ncoer??

Because EVERY POLICY I'VE EVER SEEN says you can't PCS out without a completed NCOER.

I've seen them started and finished in one day, by the way. Not that hard.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5328 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they should be able to expedite an NCOER for you.

APFT iPhone App - http://bit.ly/d9dINL
Submit Army Forms from your iPhone - http://bit.ly/dmlau7

Posts: 156 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post