ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    standing at attention in building during retreat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

standing at attention in building during retreat
 Login/Join

posted
ok so is it right or wrong to stand at the position of attention inside of a building while on duty in uniform when retreat is played at wlc in bliss you were told to and i even think i have saw the reg stating that but i can not find it now opinions?

Posts: 41 | Registered: 29 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Screaming35F
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of that.

Posts: 184 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 24 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RedLeg81
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of it. I don't recall reading it in any regs either.

REDLEG81

Posts: 203 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG (P) Blalock
posted Hide Post
Ar 600-25 Appendix C-3, Table C-1, Para 2 (Note 2). states " If indoors, stand at attention. Hold this position until the last note of music has been played.

Posts: 39 | Location: Ansbach, Germany | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RedLeg81
posted Hide Post
Wow, great job SSG Blalock. Thats a new one for me. Thanks for putting the reference.

REDLEG81

Posts: 203 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Joshjames89
posted Hide Post
Even if its wartime and your in a building getting shot at? or did i get that wrong?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

Posts: 29 | Location: Raeford, North Carolina | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KSoler
posted Hide Post
Do they play retreat on your fob? They don't play any music on mine. Not to mention, is your building on the fob getting shot at? If so, you're in the worst fob known to man. If you're in the field, how are you hearing retreat?

Common sense....

Posts: 186 | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joshjames89:
Even if its wartime and your in a building getting shot at? or did i get that wrong?

You know there was that time when a mortar round landed right outside my trailer and I had to haul @$$ to the bunker, but I forgot to in my PT shirt before leaving my trailer. I felt so bad that I had to smoke myself afterwards.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The nice thing is if your building is being shot at people have other things to worry about than hazing someone for not adhering to some regulation and if not you can take cover and let them get shot then you dont have to worry about it.

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SSG Blalock,
That reference is for ceremonies not for everyday work and retreat is playing

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Jackson | Registered: 07 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyDrill:
SSG Blalock,
That reference is for ceremonies not for everyday work and retreat is playing

you clearly failed at this station
1. lack of paying attention to details
- the post you are referring to is almost 9 yrs old

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post