ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Motivating Soldiers' leads to SHARP Complaint?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motivating Soldiers' leads to SHARP Complaint?
 Login/Join

Picture of Bandit One Three
posted
Yesterday my platoon conducted AGR's for PT, as I was running around the post, I noticed the "B" group was "taking it easy" so as I passed them I gave them a piece of my mind. Now I dont recall my exact words, but I have never made any sexual comments to Soldier's. I was pissed that they we're "Shitbagging it and wanted them to push themselves. Today my acting CO and 1SG pulled me to the side and told me one of my Soldier's had filed a SHARP complaint against me. Im pretty sure none of my comments were violating any current AR's or policy letters. I was not cursing, I made no sexual comments. My question is: Is this legit? Is the Army becoming that soft where I cannot get mad when I see a group of Soldier's screwing around during pt? For SHARP/EO personnel - Is there any rights to face your accuser on this or should I just let it go? I informed my Squad Leaders to watch their comments to not fall into the same situation in the future. Thanks

No one is more professional than I.

Posts: 8 | Location: Vicenza Italy | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It sounds like whatever you had said that the Soldier in question had PERCIEVED it that way.

Without knowing exactly what was said, it can be trickier to give a better judgement here. Ask one of your Soldiers what exactly was said, since you can't remember. I remember almost the same scenario presenting itself where I went a little off the handle on a troop that was clearly BSing during a run.

In response to your 1st question, I believe so, especially if what you said is correct.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
You should have talked to the NCO that was leading B group. I doubt the whole group sets the pace.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ATC Maintenance Man
posted Hide Post
you have to be careful at all times Bandit. Sharp is a wonderful program but it can also be used as a weapon. Motivating a soldier is fine, but we have to evolve with the times and watch what is said to all soldiers, not just females.

"Only the dead have seen the end of War"-Plato

Posts: 145 | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post